Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • winter tyres?
  • abomb7147
    Free Member

what’s everyone using for decent mud clearance etc?!

Vortexracing

Spesh Purgatory 2.2 Conrol.

chiefgrooveguru

A hardtail with loads of mud clearance and the same tyres as in the summer! 😉

However, Bontrager XR Mud 2.0 are good in less rocky places if you want a tyre that is decent in mud without being hopeless on wet roots or too draggy on less muddy days.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Specialized purgatory control on the front of both bikes in 2.2″ and a storm control on the 26″ rear & ground control s-works on the 29’er rear

mashiehood
    Free Member

Rocket Ron – brilliant

jimjam
    Free Member

What type of riding op? XC, DH, something in between? I am currently using a WTB Moto TCS AM. It’s a dual compound spike, fast rolling in the centre with nice soft shoulder spikes.

I’ve not rated WTB tyres in the past, took a punt on these and so far I’ve been amazed. Roll really well, well enough for 4-5 hr rides and all out grip is not far of a wet scream. Fantastic piece of kit.

stevede
    Free Member

Conti Baron 2.3 black chilli’s are my wet weather(90% of the time) choice for trail riding, specialized storm controls for when it’s really muddy and dual ply Der Barons for dh.

adyp
    Free Member

Vredestein Snowtrac 3s for both cars already mounted on some old alloys! Snow forecast at 800m this weekend so gonna at least do the 2 wheel drive this weekend! 🙂

enfht
    Free Member

Kenda Nevagal 2.35 for when it gets stupid muddy.

gribble
    Free Member

High Roller 2.35 front and ignitor 2.1 (about 1.9) on the back, seem to be good mix. I have panaracer trailrakers which are awesome in mud, but I don’t use them much.

If anyone wants them for a song or £25, let me know. Sorry to thread hijack.

abomb7147
    Free Member

thanks for the ideas everyone will have a look at what i can source later on!

stevenieve
    Free Member

Put a new set of 2.2 Spesh Purgatories on this morning.
    Seemed to roll really well with plenty of grip.
    Managed to get them for £21 each from Evans

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Conti Baron 2.3 black chilli’s +1 😉

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

Maxxis Beaver purchased last week… First outing tomorrow so not sure what they are like yet but they are mega tacky rubber.

wheeliejim
    Free Member

Trailraker performance in thick mud is amazing. I have the puncture resist versions, which certainly are puncture resistant. The thin sidewalls and cost are their Achilles heel!

wheeliejim
    Free Member

oh, and man, trailrakers are hard work on the road…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘winter tyres?’ is closed to new replies.