Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 192 total)
  • Winter TMS
  • Klunk
    Free Member

another one, 185-5

lemonysam
    Free Member

Much, much better in the field today. Great work from Bairstow.

Klunk
    Free Member

235-7 and Jimmy has a shiny new conker

lemonysam
    Free Member

I think they could have done without the new ball tbh. Shame they let that partnership get away a bit as otherwise a very good day for england.

Klunk
    Free Member

Englands turn – SA 313 all out

I think bowling machines have made a hell of difference to the batting abilities of tail enders, even if it’s not being so afraid of the quick stuff and keeping in line makes it much more difficult to run through a side on a half decent pitch especially late in the day.

martinhutch

I have a feeling this isn’t go to go well.

ransos
    Free Member

I thought Mike Selvey in the Guardian was a bit pessimistic – to lose the toss and have them 267-7 was a good effort. I should think they’ll be pretty pleased to have them all out for 313.

Klunk
    Free Member

oh dear

ransos
    Free Member

The search for a decent opener continues…

Klunk
    Free Member

blowers in summer dress 😯

aracer
    Free Member

Cook is looking in poor form, isn’t he?

Klunk
    Free Member

1009 no !! 8)

Tejas Misar went for 4 a ball !! 😯

theotherjonv

1 and 3 also made hundreds and didn’t get a mention!

johndoh
    Free Member

Well done Root!

(Again)

egb81
    Free Member

Thank goodness for a strong middle order.

Junkyard
    Free Member

root to the rescue again

Nod to stokes as well

lemonysam
    Free Member

Sounds like that’s probably it. Top quality counter attack that – kept the field moving, didn’t get pegged back. If England had bowled better at the tail then they’d be close to parity.

theotherjonv

If the SA’s hadn’t all got in and then got out we could still be bowling. If my aunt had balls……

Tails getting runs is all part of cricket nowadays (TMS text had it right, oh for the days when they didn’t know which end of the bat to hold and used to swing it like a Somerset yokel threshing corn……) 313 is competitive without being a match defining total for either side. Promising to be a good test match this one.

Top of the order worries me still though; I’m a huge Cook fan and he’s shown time and again that he has the ability and concentration to play massive innings. And on one hand you can say he’s England’s top run scorer despite getting his fair share of bad luck over the years (how many times out strangled?) on the other for some reason I never feel comfortable until he’s been in for 25 overs.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Cooks main issue is that he must fell like he is carrying the entire bottom order – he is so hardly surprising

To play as he does with that pressure is pretty admirable

he does take a while to look like he is in though.

ransos
    Free Member

And on one hand you can say he’s England’s top run scorer despite getting his fair share of bad luck over the years (how many times out strangled?)

I’ve never thought that being strangled down the leg side is bad luck – if you play at it there’s always a chance of feathering it.

theotherjonv

I suppose because it’s a ‘bad’ ball that should be leg glanced for runs (ideally 4 of them in proper cricket where fine leg isn’t fine because the WK doesn’t need a backstop!)

Akin to slapping a full toss straight to cover. Yes, both are ‘mistakes’ but one’s clearly incompetence.

theotherjonv

or inside edging a drive ball………

Tough day ahead, come on Mo.

lemonysam
    Free Member

or inside edging a drive ball………

…And again. Seems like there’s a little bit of something in the pitch today.

Klunk
    Free Member

looks like it’s going to be a tight match

salsaboy

Enthralling game, two evenly matched teams and a proper test match style wicket.
    Added spice added by being married to a South African.
    Man of this match regardless of the result should be the head groundsman.

Klunk
    Free Member

another dropped catch 🙁

Klunk
    Free Member

luckily wasn’t too costly
    SA 28(18)-2

Klunk
    Free Member

broad is on fire

De Villiers out for a duck 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

Amla back in the hutch

31 – 4

what a catch 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

Broad 4-1 in 24 balls

mefty
    Free Member

By all accounts an unbelievable catch by Taylor, will look forward to seeing that.

Klunk
    Free Member

bowled him

theotherjonv

was listening to it in the car on the way back from my daughter’s sports club. Classic commentary…

“I’m speechless. Which is a major handicap given my occupation!”

aracer
    Free Member

I’d just stopped paying attention for half an hour and though I wouldn’t have missed much 😯

A Broad series deciding spell – those seem to be coming along rather more regularly now, almost one every series!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Broad has 5-1 in 31 balls

Damn I missed it but awesome performance from him.

Klunk
    Free Member

45-6

another great catch of a rank bad ball 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Catches win matches !!!!

Just got in and som was showing me replay of first catch and bang an even better one!!

Klunk
    Free Member

the wheels are off !

46-7

aracer
    Free Member

7 – they’re all getting in on the act

In the context a 10 run lead suddenly seems quite significant!

RichPenny
    Free Member

Got up early, did the chores and thought ah, I’ll have a look a the cricket, lunch has just finished…. 😯

Still sat here 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 192 total)

The topic ‘Winter TMS’ is closed to new replies.