Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Winter sun holidays?
  • mactheknife

After such a poor summer and not having a family holiday in a couple of years we have decided to head off around christmas time for some sun. Obviously this will be southern hemisphere.

Had a look online and got a fair shock for prices to the caribbean over christmas so thats out the equation.

First thoughts were either Cape Verde or Cape Town. As happy as i am to rough it a bit my good lady isn’t. We are not looking for 5 star at all. Just somewhere she is comfortable. Oh with a beach close by.

Any recommendations?

Cheers

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Avoid 7h Dec to 7th Jan?

SE asia is in reach for a long flight

takisawa2

The Gambia…
    5hrs flight, no time difference.
    If your just after sun/pool/beach it’s good.

mactheknife

Taki, that sounds ace. I’ll have a gander

FuzzyWuzzy

When you say family holiday are you taking kids as well, if so what ages?

mactheknife

Nope, just 2 adults. Child free.

wl
    Free Member

Depends what you like doing once you’re there, really, and whether you like a bit of local culture as well as beach time. Personally, I’d be thinking SE Asia or Zanzibar (or somewhere similar). Or Sri Lanka? Morocco is ace too.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Canary Islands?

Sun isn’t guaranteed, but it’s lovely and mild/warm over there around Xmas, ~20C.

Some great cycling options too, apparently, like climbing Mount Teide.

myti
    Free Member

Canaries can be pretty cloudy and windy at that time. I’ve been to Cape Verde twice for cheap winter sun but Sal where we went is very barren so depends what you like. If you’re happy with beach life and not heaps else it’s great.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Cape Town or SE to Gordon’s Bay or Hermanus,…go for it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Winter sun holidays?’ is closed to new replies.