Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Winter soft shell
  • marco
    Free Member

Hi all
    Anyone reccomend a decent windproof & warm softshell jacket for winter?
    Budget around £50 – 60. Not bothered about being waterproof but able to resist a shower would be good.
    Cheers all

foxyrider
    Free Member

Waiting in anticipation 🙂 As it was a bit cold from my summer softshell this morning 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Take a peek here.. 😉

toons
    Free Member

I just got a Endura Windchill brand new from ebay for £64.99

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

After a fruitless search for such a thing, I chanced upon this jacket in Decathlon.

It’s not a ‘cycling’ specific jacket, but I find it perfect. Excellent Autumn/Spring jacket; windproof and actually very water-resistant; I’ve been in proper downpours but haven’t got wet inside. Reasonably long at the back, and the sleeves are quite long, which is good if using a rucksack and stretching out on the bike.

In all, I’m very pleased with it. I find it a better fit than jackets costing over twice as much, and just as good quality. And it’s a darn sight more stylish than most ‘cycling’ kit, too.

There is a heavier ‘warm’ version, but that’s more a winter-weight jacket I’d say.

FuzzyWuzzy

The new DHB Windslam seems to be getting good reviews (the waterproof version at least), not tried one myself though (already have 3 other types, of which my Gore Phantom is the favourite but it’s not twice as good as an Altura Nightvision one I have even though it was twice as expensive).

argyle
    Free Member

dare2b FTW

elliptic
    Free Member

Marmot Driclime Windshirt.

Really versatile bit of kit (I’m sitting here wearing one right now) for climbing/walking/biking. Not bike-specific but reasonably snug fitting.

Only caveat is the outer fabric is lightweight pertex so not great for thrashing through brambles & undergrowth.

foxyrider
    Free Member

What about this:

Thinkig I might get one? £45 from cyclesurgery

poo none left sorry

james-o
    Free Member

Berghaus Cirrus jacket – about £40, like a thinner / lighter buffalo in construction and the best cold-weatehr jacket i’ve used on a bike. crashabble price, not the perfect bike fit but it’s been a suprise hit for me for riding and other outdoor use. some of their stuff has been poor quality ime, but this jacket has lasted well.

hainman
    Free Member

as i said in previous post,try tkmaxx i got a nice cobolt one for 30quid and its mega warm and rainproof,very good for the money.

Shack
    Free Member

I picked up one in Primark 1/2 price for £10. Its a golfing one branded “Backswing” and for the money I just cant fault it. Never been off my back and really waterproof.

brassneck

2nd The Maxx, got a Nike one for £40, although it borders on the too warm most of the time.

z1ppy

Forclaz 900 Soft looks good, now if only my local decathlon actually had any stock (and wasn’t moving grrrr). Didn’t see any diffference on the label between the light/heavy versions, but it was pretty obvious the ‘furry’ inner was the heavier version.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

I’ve been using a Finisterre Etobicoke.

They’re £90 at the minute (rather than £130) and really warm. I think I’ll use it under my Goretex shell when I go snowboarding too.

http://tinyurl.com/34bqr7b

Sandwich

Marmot Dri Clime and Rab Equivalent do me for autumn. I use a Paramo Viento in winter over a short sleeve base layer.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Winter soft shell’ is closed to new replies.