Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • winter road tyres
  • jaycmx1
    Free Member

im new to the road biking thing and just thinking of getting the bike ready for winter any ideas/suggestions on what road tyres are good for winter,or any of the planet x bog off offer tyres any good?

fisha
    Free Member

what surfaces are you riding on?

jaycmx1
    Free Member

just for on the road/tarmac although some of the roads around rossendale feel like being off road 🙂

MrGreedy

I'm using Continental GP 4 Seasons on my winter/hack bike after recommendation on here this time last year. No problems fitting on my Open Pro rims, decent performance considering the extra weight, and, at the risk of jinxing tomorrow's ride, no punctures yet either.

If the 4 Seasons are a bit too dear, the Conti Ultra Gator Skins are similarly puncture resistant, but heavier and more of a pain to fit/remove in my experience.

adt
    Free Member

conti ultra gatorskin 25mm

Ed2001
    Free Member

Gatorskins are sketchy to say the least in the wet, for me it has to be vittoria open pave evo they are the best winter/wet weather tyre I have ever used bar non.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

28mm GP4Seasons or 25mm Mich Krylions, depending on which wheels I'm on.

Not a big fan of gatorskins myself.

druidh
    Free Member

Another GP 4 Seasons recommendation here. Running them on my commuter and it's been great (so far).

Northwind

whatever schwalbe marathons I can find cheap

fisha
    Free Member

i found gator skins to be fine in the wet on my 26" mtb commuter of the past.

jonb
    Free Member

I find gator skins fine for grip and very puncture resistant. I rate puncture resistance quite high as you don't want to be stopping for punctures in cold weather.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

maxxis dh

tombird
    Free Member

Gatorskins (25mm) They last for ages if you always keep the pressure at about 95psi

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘winter road tyres’ is closed to new replies.