Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Winter riding jacket
  • Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Looking for a single layer type winter riding jacket, similar to Rab VapourRise or Buffalo techlite, but more cycle orientated. Anyone recommend any of the GoreBikeWear jackets. Doesn’t have to be waterproof, but must be warm and windproof.

Pembo
    Free Member

Gore phantom is brilliant. Had one last winter along with some MW80 boots and it got me through last winter no problem. The Phantom also allows you to unzip the sleeves but reveals a short sleeved inner to keep the tops of your arms warm which is ideal for spring/autumn. Or you can partly unzip the sleeves for a bit of ventilation.

amodicumofgnar

Paramo Velez smock if you’re already thinking along the vapourise / buffalo lines.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Rab generator smock, warm even when soaking wet in sub zero temperatures.

Clink

Rab generator smock, warm even when soaking wet in sub zero temperatures

That’s a lightweight insulating piece though; great for chucking on when stopping but other garments would surely wick better and be more suited to active use?

I’ve used Gore Phantom – great but fit too baggy. Closer fitting stuff wicks better and insulates better. Gore has different fits though and other items in their range (I reckon) are better.

AGray
    Free Member

Anyone got the Endura Stealth jacket?
    Worth the insane price tag?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Winter riding jacket’ is closed to new replies.