Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Winter riding clobber .Do i need to MTFU ?
  • oldfart

Riding on the Quantocks today with virtually all my winter wardrobe on and there were people riding in shorts !!! My knees wouldn't stand for that !

saladdodger
    Free Member

Nor would mine , hence I have had a realy close relationship with my wood burning stove today

scaredypants

not sure about MTFU, I bet it's mostly down to the level of cider consumption

Stiggy

Kneewarmers n shorts 🙂

oldfart

Cider ? Me ? With my reputation ?
    Andy when you back on the bike then ?

saladdodger
    Free Member

Next week I hope, body self repaired 😀

oldfart

Good man 'twas good on the Qs today .

simon_g

DHB 3/4 roubaix bibshorts are one of the best winter buys I've made – ideal for road or under baggies for MTB at this time of year – keep your knees and kidney area nice and toasty.

TheSanityAssassin

It's always shorts weather when you're riding your bike.

rOcKeTdOg

warm everywhere but no matter what i try, thermal socks, boots, trainers instead of cycling shoes etc my feet get freezing cold after about an hour, any solutions?

oldfart

how about thin socks under sealskins ?i get like it sometimes and either twiddle me toes or get off and stomp about a bit ?think it's worse 'cause i'm clipped in feet stuck in one position .

hora
    Free Member

warm everywhere but no matter what i try, thermal socks, boots, trainers instead of cycling shoes etc my feet get freezing cold after about an hour, any solutions?

I was the same last year. Solution?

Two icebreaker merino tops as a base layer, normal tshirt over, then my Northface Gillet with a Goretex jacket ontop.

Thermal leggings under shorts- thin cotton socks with a pair of thermal M&S socks over the top.

End result? I actually end up taking the tshirt off 20mins into a ride and stowing it. Its your core that is key- icebreakers work it for me- albeit I need two.

richcc
    Free Member

I used to MTFU and rode in all weathers in inappropriate clothing. Got proper stuff now and my enjoyment of riding has improved massively

hora
    Free Member

I used to MTFU and rode in all weathers in inappropriate clothing. Got proper stuff now and my enjoyment of riding has improved massively

+1 (or more to the point- I hated riding in winter)

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Wear as little as you can get away with as you don't want to sweat too much in winter as it can wet your gear and then chill you. For cold feet get winter boots and make sure your toes have enough room to wiggle about.

edhornby

ride faster, get warmer 🙂

it's always difficult getting the mix of enough layers vs getting sweaty under them

I'm still looking for the holy grail of breathable and waterproof….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Winter riding clobber .Do i need to MTFU ?’ is closed to new replies.