Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Winter project
  • atlaz
    Free Member

Picked this up on EBay. Supposedly a 1965 Bertin C35 but whilst I’m moderately sure the frame is, the groupset is a bit off-spec. Got to decide if I want to do much beyond service the drivetrain, give the saddle some TLC and sort out the stem (respray may be nice). Quite happy for 60 euros

wiggles
    Free Member

Looks nice, know a few people who have bought something similar recently. I’m currently getting my dads 90’s raleigh mtb running to use as a commuter.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Nicely retro. I know crap all about road stuff and not my thing as you know but looks nice. If I had space for a 60 euro bike it might tempt me onto tarmac, maybe.

atlaz
    Free Member

I reckon you’ve got room DK… just need to get your priorities in order. Smaller bed or something 😉

rusty90
    Free Member

I imagine its one of the frames that Holdsworth used to distribute – the same frames went out badged as Holdsworth, F H Grubb, Bertin etc
    Parts look roughly right for the time; TA cranks and rings, GB brakes, Atom hubs, Huret gears. (Gears may have been later, the original ones might have been Simplex, plastic rear mech)
    Are the wheels 27″ or 700c?
    Not sure it’s worth a respray, the original decals are the main redeeming feature.
    It’ll weigh a ton and ride like a brick, but that’s the price for authenticity.
    As ever, RetroBike is the place for people who really know about this stuff.

atlaz
    Free Member

They’re 700c Mavic Module E rims and the brakes are CLB 1 but pretty much on the nose. I think it may actually be a parts-bin C35 if only because I bought it in France rather than the UK. Once I’ve got the chain back on and the stem swapped over I’ll give it a ride and tell you about the brick-like ride but it does weigh a ton.

Point taken about the respray; I’ll need to do something about the rust tho 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Winter project’ is closed to new replies.