• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Hip.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Winter MTB Gloves
  • BMC09
    Free Member

I'm after a pair of 'winter' gloves, its now the time of year to put away my fox ones and change them for something warmer and a bit more waterproof. I've had northwave's and they were shit, my mate bought Endura Deluge's last weekend and had them on today, bear in mind it was 3 degrees thismorning and he still had cold fingers. Strange eh….
    Warmth is more important than out and out waterproof. Don't really want to resort to sealskins as they are a bit chunky.

Thanks in advance for any help

knottie8
    Free Member

I use sealskins but your right , they are very clumsy to wear/change gear etc. Ideal on my SS though.

BMC09
    Free Member

almost perfect for SS, but my SS isn't my first bike normally…. 😛
    ideally looking for something like you say 'less clumsy'

robgarrioch

Some recent discussion on this very subject here !

simon_g

Happy with my Endura Strikes – not sure how they compare to Deluges, but are nice and warm, waterproof/breathable (as much as you can expect a MTB glove to be..) and not especially bulky.

Kahurangi

Endura Strikes I have found to be warm and noticeably more dexterous than the seal skinz. They do tend to pull the finger lining out with your hand unless you're careful though.

knott4me
    Free Member

Altura all the time.

BMC09
    Free Member

anything specific from altura?

TinMan
    Free Member

I have both Strikes and Sealskins Technical MTB.

The Strikes are less chunky, but that's because I only consider them Autumn / Spring gloves, def not warm enough for Winter if you get cold hands. That's what the Sealskins are for.

That said I have no problems with the SealSkins holding on, changing gear or braking?

BMC09
    Free Member

Tinman – which sealskins do you use?

TinMan
    Free Member

Winter Technical MTB Gloves
    These Ones

Not had issues with liner coming out. Worth trying sizes on in a shop prior to ordering online, etc…

Hip
    Free Member

lizard skins blizzard for me, warm even when wet.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Winter MTB Gloves’ is closed to new replies.