Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Winter jacket sub £100
  • GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Hi there any thoughts as to what is the best sub £100 winter riding jacket.I was going to go for an endura convert II but i will rethink as people say they are not breathable.Any ideas??

bigbloke
    Free Member

Altura Attack Extreme £99 at Merlin (i think 10% extra off as well)

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

The convert works for me. if i get too hot, i take the arms off 😉

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

The Gore PhantomII might be worth a look.

simondbarnes

Endura Flyte is nice.

bobsoff2
    Free Member

Altura Attack Extreme here, from Merlin.. less than £90! 😆

AverageMark
    Free Member

I had the same thing last week and in the end went for the convert. It arrived today and i'm impressed. Was swayed towards the Attack but then i figured the convert was a lot more practicle as i could remove the arms and use it as a Gilet when it was milder.

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

AverageMark please let me know how you get on with your convert as i still like the look of these.But i suppose function should come before form!!
    What price did you pay for your convert and where did you buy it from.

AverageMark
    Free Member

wore it for a 3 hour ride this afternoon. Weather was a bit blowy but quite mild even if it was overcast. the comments about it getting warm where right, i took the arms off after about 10 mins – but then i think you'll find this true of most waterproofs. Once i had taken them off though the cut of it was great – v comfortable, no riding up and kept me dry and happy the whole ride.

robarnold
    Free Member

Another vote for the Endura Flyte here, wore mine in horrendous conditions last thursday night and I was toastie warm and dry…excellent fit, not too hot, breathable et al

scotabroad

I found the convert was not breathable at all, decent jacket but not for me.

Frankers
    Free Member

Just bought a Endura Flyte myself but only used it on a few rides, nice quality and seems very waterproof. A little sweat build up but I didn't feel too hot.

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Tried on a Endura Flyte Jacket today and loved I think this might be the one!! 🙂

dandan
    Free Member

Endura Hellium

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

A bit too roadie i think.
    Does any one have an Endura Flyte and how do you rate them?

slowrider
    Free Member

ive got a convert and only use it for commuting really because its really not very breathable. you might struggle to find stock of the gore phantom, i just have. for sub £100 i think you couldnt go wrong with the pace 3×3; i think you have to get it from them direct these days but its a great fabric (event) and a simplistic design to keep the cost down- ideal for performance at the best price i reckon.

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Still sticking with the Endura Flyte i reckon!!

wl
    Free Member

Maybe look at general outdoor jackets – I reckon you get more for your money and often pay less of a premium. I just bagged a Berghaus Paclite Trek Goretex for £109. Lightweight, v waterproof, breathable and with a mint hood for when it's torrential.

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

I have tried a lot of jackets in the last few days and i reckon it is going to be an Endura Venturi II.Very nice jacket a bit outside my price bracket but my good old mum and dad said they would buy it for xmas.Nice 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Winter jacket sub £100’ is closed to new replies.