Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • winter hardtail ideas
  • adrec
    Free Member

Need to get myself a hardtail to use over winter and on towpath type rides. Don’t want to spend a fortune (about 5-800) but would like something relatively lightweight, ideally with reasonable quality 120mm forks (thinking alloy recons as a minimum). Would prefer a 26er for tyre compatibility with my other bikes. Top choice at the moment is a 2nd hand whyte 901. Any other ideas?

adrec
    Free Member

That’s a lot of bike for the money! pretty much perfect spec as well. Always had it in my head that imbreds weighed a ton tho, would I be better building up a scandal to a similar spec?

binners

I got that email with the Inbred deal yesterday. That really is a spectacular amount of bike for the money. Can’t see you finding a better deal than that!

Nipper99
    Free Member

I have a Kinesis Decade Virsa frame in large for sale with Fox f120rlc forks. See my post in sale forum or ping me an email if interested.

adrec
    Free Member

Nice idea but its prob a bit big, gettin shut of my rockhopper cos its 19in an I really need a 17.

alexpalacefan

Inbred is a great bike, and that is a ******’ bargain!

APF

jasonm945
    Free Member

I had an inbred for ages – when all is said and done the frame is 2lb heavier than a comparable alloy, at that price you can’t go wrong.
    Oh – and they ride nice aswell!

Jay

chojin
    Free Member

Utter utter bargain that inbred. Almost tempted myself!

loum
    Free Member

That inbred looks a good deal.
    Wonder what the overall weight would be?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘winter hardtail ideas’ is closed to new replies.