• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Winter boots for wide feet
  • luket

Anyone recommend some winter boots for wide feet?

Frustratingly, the manufacturers who do a wide fit option tend not to on their winter boots. Lake do, but not in my size (41) in the UK! I don’t really mind how insulated they are, so long as they fit me and do a decent job of keeping the water out. I don’t particularly suffer from cold feet.

I’m currently surrounded by about £600 worth of stock from 3 shops and I don’t think any of it is quite right for me.

I’ve got here:
    Northwave Celsius 2 GTX – not quite wide enough plus they feel very “toes down”
    Specialized Defroster – The velcro fasters only just meet going round my foot so I can’t see them keeping the water out. A previous incarnation nearly 10 years ago leaked like a sieve on me.
    Shimano XM9 – can’t work out whether they’ll soften into a good fit or never be quite wide enough, plus I think water will pour in the top (maybe gaiters might solve that).

I might try a pair of Lake 145s too.

What am I missing?

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

I had to go up 2 sizes from a 42 to a 44 to fit my duckfeet into a pair of Defrosters. When the snow is really bad around here I swap over to flats and ride in wellington boots!

luket

Trouble of going up sizes is that the duckiest bit of my foot is then squeezed into the narrower middle bit!

What cleats for Dunlops?

jako

I have normal to borderline wide feet.
    I found the Shimano MV5 wide.

jako

On a related note. Buying cycling shoes is frustrating. The shops have hardly any stock, which means ordering several sizes and models from the online retailers is the only option. But that is annoying as it requires constant money outlay and back and forth to the collect points.

MSP

Lake wide available in your size in Germany, it’s a bit more of a pain if you have to send back, but not as much pain as wearing bad fitting shoes.

https://www.bike24.de/1.php?content=8;product=213649;menu=1000,18,58;page=64

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Winter boots for wide feet’ is closed to new replies.