Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • winter boots – any recommendations?
  • tobykd
    Free Member

hi all, wondered if anyone has a clear view on what is the best winter boot for warm/dry feet. More emphasis on dry than warm as I am a hottie. tries north wave – no good. spesh – seem ok but was wondering about those Lake ones. anyone know any others worth looking at? thanks in advance!

stoney
    Free Member

NW Celcius. I recon they are very good!

GilesDrake
    Free Member

I've been using the Shimano boots for the last two winters and even in last years extreme temps I was pretty toasty (most of the time). Use them mostly on the road but have done me proud on the few off road rides I've used them for.

Mine are the original version which have a stretchy entry which can be a pain but I think they've changed that to a velcro strap now.

I'm made up with 'em but the NW Celcius/Fahrenheit look just as good.

Chances are non of them are gonna keep your feet dry as the water is gonna get in by your ankle. Being gortex, the general idea is to keep the cold wind out so you're feet stay warm even when wet.

radoggair
    Free Member

shimano mw80….. good as

Onzadog
    Free Member

I had some MT90 boots but I found that they filled up with water from spray. I'm looking for something else this year. I'm interested in the MW80

Kuco

I also recommend Shimano winter boots. Brilliant piece of kit.

Huxley555
    Free Member

Diadora chilli zero work for me, not sure if you ca still get them with the gore tex lining.

Christowkid
    Free Member

Have just returned from my first ride in Spesh Defrosters. They seem really comfy, not sure if I've got my cleats right – but that's me not the boots!
    I have awful knee problems from other activities, plus start of bunions ( thanks Dad!) so thought I'd give them a go as the body geometry stuff might help. Can't really comment after first ride cos everything feels a little 'odd' after using the same boot for ~ 8 years.
    In my area ( Devon ) ever shop within a huge radius hadn't got any winter boots, so choice was limited. LBS fitted me with another Spesh boot, then had to order Defroster in my size +/- 1 size, to get fit right.
    All the mag reviews rate them quite well but do say they arn't particularly warm, so more socks in cold snap, but more usable in autumn/spring when total winter boots are too hot, so definite 'plus' for 3 season use.
    cheers
    Q

ps44
    Free Member

MW80s for me too. Haven't used them yet this autumn, but they'll be on as soon as it turns wet. Thick socks and summer shoes fine for today.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘winter boots – any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.