Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Winter boots 2015/2016
  • bruceonabike
    Free Member

I bet there’s a thread on this but I can’t find it, at least not a recent one with current kit and prices in.

Recommendations please for good winter cleated mtb boots. I’m looking for reasonable price so any pointers to online bargains appreciated. I will pay for quality but not £200+ for those 45North Wolvhammers, I don’t live in the arctic after all. it’s more mud than snow that I have to worry about.
    Never owned a winter boot before, just made do with neoprene covers over my summer shoes. I normally wear a 45/11 so size pointers too if any come up on the large/small size.

Thanks

stevied
    Free Member

The new mavic (crossmax h2o?) ones look good. Couldn’t afford them so ended up with some Scree boots instead. Mavics do come up a little small..

Edit:http://www.acycles.co.uk/mavic-crossmax-sl-pro-thermo-mtb-shoes-2016-14548.html

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I’ve had 45 Norths, NW arctic and now Spesh defrosters. Only the defrosters are 100% waterproof with endura singletrack trousers.

45 North zip pulls apart. There a very good fit. But you have to go a size up. I use these on the road now, great fit. Think Spring Autumn. Water gets in through the zip despite even greesing it.
    NW Arctic, fine but not waterproof. Felt boxy and too large. Gaps joins let the water in
    Defrosters used through last winter no issues so far, robust, dry, warm

To be 100% waterproof you need to have longs that keep the water out the tops. Endura singletrack 2 is very good

Junkyard
    Free Member

Lakes but as he noted water can always get in that bog hole where you put your foot

Personally i use a dry suit gator over the neoprene bit but only in biblical levels of rain otherwise do as they say but I use endura stealth

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Lake-MXZ303-Widefit-Winter-Boot_79599.htm?sku=259901&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=AdwordsProductAds&utm_campaign=Adwords&gclid=CLKFh_bB_sgCFQsHwwodIrINOQ

Not cheap but mine are 10 years old though they dont have many winters left in them now

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Those mavic a look good I’d be suspicious of the zip area. It can be were water gets in. The look comfy though,mirth a try. I have the mavic enduro boot, it’s great

bruneep

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/answers-to-cold-feet-during-riding

This thread?

I’m tempted by the bontranger OMW

therevokid
    Free Member

nw arctic never leaked. defrosters let it in where the tongue isn’t
    attached near the toes.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

+1 for Lakes. Halfords online might have them cheaper.
    Normal and wide fittings available…

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Like the look of the mavic h20 also but suspect they are a water proof boot rather than a full on winter shoe.
    Lookning at the NW Celsius 2 and shimano mw7 (if they come down in price) to replace my spesh defroster which are water proof but are not warm enough for me

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Winter boots 2015/2016’ is closed to new replies.