Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Winstanleys- some balance
  • MarkN
    Free Member

Having read numerous posts on here about how bad Winstanleys were I have to say that when I found what I wanted I was a bit dubious. Mind you I have to say that I have come away from the experience a happy bunny. Order placed tea time on Monday and it has been posted through the door this morning. I can’t ask for better than that.

So a good news story about Winstaleys from me.

globalti
    Free Member

Mrs Gti does business with the family and they are amongst the customers she respects the most; serious, astute and hard-working.

eskay

Used them and have never had any problems.

zangolin
    Free Member

Used them approx 4 times in the last 12 moths for mail order – no problems and all been delivered in good time.

rocketman
    Free Member

Customer since 2007 only one mix up quickly resolved. Visited the shop aka industrial unit in Wigan a few times very helpful staff

semuc
    Free Member

Positive from me to. Ordered a bike (2011 model, great price, bought to act as a donor due to the kit) on Monday. Delivered Midday yesterday (Tuesday). Can’t knock that!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Never had any issue with them & would happily use again.

chakaping
    Free Member

Visited the shop aka industrial unit in Wigan a few times very helpful staff

Ditto, nice helpful guys and good service.

Very competitive on price too.

ads678

Yeah never had an issue with them either, even when they didn’t actually have the stuff I ordered they were very helpful and refunded my money straight away.

alfabus
    Free Member

I’ve bought quite a few sets of wheels from them (they always seem to be quite well priced for hope hoops) and I’ve never had any problems… prompt and correct.

Dave

Northwind

As long as they have the kit in stock they’ve always been great for me. If they don’t, not so much- they seem to make the promise they think will keep the sale, without really worrying much about keeping the promise. But still I like ’em, they feel more like a proper shop than most.

Hope Hoops was good- “Yeah yeah we’ll definitely have them in 2 weeks, just waiting for them from Hope”. Hope: “We can’t get those rims just now, it’ll be ages before we can produce more”.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

not as slick as CRC or Wiggle but still a good place to online shop

scaredypants

I didn’t know they had a bad reputation on here – sure you’re not thinking of someone else ?

drbob65
    Free Member

I’ve seen bad reviews on google forums of them, as a result i’ve shied away, typically use CRC, Wiggle and Stif, never had an issue with any of those. Do get tyres from next daytyres, because they really are next day and wheels are always Tune hubbed from Poshbikes, who are excellent, but then yoou’re paying top dollar, basically you get what you pay for.

legend
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member
    I didn’t know they had a bad reputation on here – sure you’re not thinking of someone else ?

There’s been plenty of negative chat about them here, usually after they do what Northwind described

richmtb

As long as they have the kit in stock they’ve always been great for me. If they don’t, not so much- they seem to make the promise they think will keep the sale,

Yeah. I’ve ordered a few bits a bobs off them. Bit annoying when they sell stuff they don’t have and then email to tell you they don’t have it after they have taken the money.

They are prompt with refunds when you ask them to cancel the order though.

MarkN
    Free Member

No I am sure it was Winstanley Bikes that I had read the negative comments. I had been in the market for various bits that Winstanleys said they had but this nagging feeling kept me away. Based on my one and only order with them I will give them the opportunity to excel in future. Hey maybe I was just lucky but so far so good.

There are always those that get out and whinge about poor service form XYZ supplier. They feel aggrieved at the time and it drives the action to post. The trouble is that when good service is heard not as many bother to post up.

If they screw up my next order I am sure I will be back to “update” my post.. 😉

scaredypants

I bought something fairly expensive from Mark Anthony recently. Must admit I wasn’t all that happy doing so, given the slating they get on here, but couldn’t see it anywhere else.

Turned up in 3-4 days

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Winstanleys- some balance’ is closed to new replies.