Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Winstanleys discount code? Also opinions on Durolux RC2 fork please.
  • YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’m on the scrounge for a Winstanleys discount code first off. Does anyone have one?

The reason is I have seen some SR Suntour forks at a good price. In the past I would have never considered a Suntour but the reviews look promising. I’m coming off a 36 Vanilla RC2 FIT, a great fork but it needs lots of fettling to last.

The internally adjustable 140-160-180mm Durolux is currently £300 on Winstanleys, that’s for the RC2 model.

Anyone ridden/owned this fork? Opinions welcomed…

I’m just mega hard up with it being Xmas and could do with buying the new ones for as close to what I sold my 36’s for.

Cheers All

orena45

A review here from the folks at Westcoast Mountain Biking

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

That’s a good review- I read the PB one and the Bike Radar one, both totally conflicting. This one is useful, thanks

kayla1
    Free Member

Completely different fork, but the Epicons on my bf’s bike are really nice. I think the better specced Suntours are really underrated. The 140mm Raidons on mine are ok but I’m looking to replace them with Durolux (wtf is the plural of this word?) in the new year.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

It’s not really a brand I’d ever have considered. They were pretty poor but these higher end ones do look great.

Cheers

Neb

I’ve had a set of the durolux RC2 non TA forks since 2012. I really like them! They feel really nice and much more supportive mid stroke than the older style Pikes they replaced. They are dead easy to service and the internals are all metal, no cheap plastic bits anywhere. The qloc axle is really impressive in use. I’ve had over 2 years battering the hell out of them in the lakes + alps + megavalanche and I’d definitely buy again.

The only issues I’d be wary of are the distributors aren’t the best and as a result the availability of spares/support is a bit dodgy. I ended up buying seals from germany via eBay via and found that the £15+£5 shipping was for one seal…. If you go via your LBS they can have the fun of sorting spares for you, I wish I’d done that!

There is quite a lot of info on the German http://WWW.mtb-news.com website, including service and mods. Google translate makes it entertaining at least!

Hope that helps!

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Neb that’s excellent info mate. I was worried about spares. I would have thought other seals would fit.

I think I will take the plunge!

Cheers

kayla1
    Free Member

Let us (me!) know how you get on with them please.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

I will do buddy. They should be here in the next couple of days.

Cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Winstanleys discount code? Also opinions on Durolux RC2 fork please.’ is closed to new replies.