Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Winstanleys bikes – experiences?
  • IHN

Possibly going to spend some money there, mail order. Any issues?

I’ll be honest, I don’t think there are, but I thought I’d check as it’s reasonable amount of money.

stevied
    Free Member

No problems for me. Ordered several times, always arrived in a couple of days.

Klunk
    Free Member

had wheels (hope hoops) an tyres from there always been a fine prompt service.

nickjb
    Free Member

Had few cheap bits from them without issue.

weeksy

I’ve bought stuff, it arrived.

firestarter
    Free Member

Got some wheels last week. Arrived next day

unklehomered
    Free Member

aweful, but many years ago. There were many who also had bad experiences back then, but it does seem to have got better as I haven’t seen any recent angry people. So much so I might consider risking it again, if I wasn’t in a hurry.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Fine for in stock items, might be worth a phone call to check availability if there are any special order items.

bumper
    Free Member

Had a bike about two years ago. It was the best packaged bike I’ve ever had delivered, everything was torqued correctly too.

ads678

Ordered some forks once that showed as in stock, but they weren’t. Gave me the option of choosing something else or refund, I ask for refund and they refunded straight away. So i was happy. Apart from not having shiny new forks!!

Everything else I’ve ordered from them has been perfect service.

hora
    Free Member

Had one wobble- RS Lyrik forks on warranty but subsequently I’ve bought forks from them. I bought my Pikes from them in the last month.

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice guys and very helpful IME.

But as above I’d only order in stock items and be prepared to wait a while for the phone to get picked up.

zedz
    Free Member

They are my LBS.

Great service if you go in, good lads, some more experienced than others but always got what I needed without hassle, happy to help out too.

Mail order good if they have it in stock, sometimes I don’t have time to go in and so order stuff and have it delivered. Occasional booboo’s with in/out of stock.

Not a fan of telephone service as they have an office that takes calls and depending on how busy it is the level of knowledge can be variable. I had a lot of trouble getting Mavic flat spokes ordered over the phone as the operator had less idea of which item it was on their website. Went in and got them ordered in two minutes. Should be easy if you know what you want off the website though.

Hope that helps.

rocketman
    Free Member

Have bought a lot of bmx bits and even visited their shop (aka industrial unit) a few times. No problems but don’t order anything that isn’t in stock

plyphon
    Free Member

They used to be questionable a few years back but I think they went on a big shift to up their game.

One of the more hilarious experiences my mate had – ordered two backpacks for a riding holiday, paid next day delivery. One showed up. Phoned up Winstanleys to ask where it was, they replied “Oh we thought you ordered two by mistake so only charged and shipped you for one.”

There was two of them going on holiday the next day.

ndthornton
    Free Member

no issues

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

great for me on an exposure light a few weeks ago, top class service, kept informed and next day delivery, by far the cheapest on the newest model too

cant fault them and will use them again

jeffl

Ordered some cheap wheels lasts month and they arrived in a couple of days.

splorer

Ordered a bike from them last month; Helped work around the daily max limit on my Visa Debit card. Bike arrived within a couple of days with a docket explaining what had been checked. Everything worked perfectly. Was very happy with the service.

Yak

I ordered a bike about 4 years ago. V speedy delivery, well packaged and well set up bike….but it wasn’t the one I ordered. Luckily I was due to be near the shop a few days later. They had the right one ready to go when I turned up. Honest mistake, corrected to my timescale, so all ok. Other internet order bits and pieces from them have all been fine.

rj
    Free Member

Got my Pikes from them a few months back. They were showing as available to order with a lead time of 3 weeks, but arrived after only 1. Communication was good and the price was (at the time) the best I could find anywhere.

toby1

I ordered a BMX and it arrived well packed and promptly.

I fell off the BMX and it hurt lots – I’m not sure that had anything to do with them though 🙂

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Ordered forks a few years back, arrived earlier than advised so was happy. Not had to return anything so can’t comment on that side of things.

stevious

Ordered something that I knew wouldn’t be in stock for a while. They’ve kept me completely up-to-date with estimated arrival times and whatnot, even though it’s not even an expensive item. I’m impressed.

drover
    Free Member

Had an issue with an in stock item (which provided to be discontinued), but the money was quickly refunded once I had got through on their telephone line at the third attempt….

jonjones262
    Free Member

I’ve used them a few times with no problems. Popped up to the shop too and they’re more than helpful. Top place ! 🙂

mike_p
    Free Member

Bought a Giant Defy 0 from them last month, it arrived, it’s good, and it was a killer deal. What’s not to like?

They used to have a Tredz-like rep for advertising stuff as in stock but not, but I’ve never had issues.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Winstanleys bikes – experiences?’ is closed to new replies.