• This topic has 23 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Winstanley Bikes – Are you open?
  • hora
    Free Member

Curious. I wonder if the Management are away at a show at the moment as this happened previously when I bought something from them.

Two days and no reply to my emails and no one picking up the phone.

Last year when I was buying a set of forks I heard this excuse.

mbydmt
    Free Member

I hope so, just ordered some spokes from them and want to build up my wheel next week.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

They delivered the forks I ordered on Wednesday yesterday, no problems.

hora
    Free Member

So its just a case of they are not answering phones or email enquires? I just don’t want to make the trip down there tomorrow afternoon to find out the forks I want are OEM’s/no springs etc.

kudos100
    Free Member

Customer service is pretty poor. I won’t bother trying to buy stuff from them again.

thepodge
    Free Member

new forks Hora?

that’s unlike you

hora
    Free Member

Oi- the 36 floats lasted 18months!

mbydmt
    Free Member

Well they despatched my good today!

Bregante

I don’t think I have ever managed to speak to staff on the phone. I’ve also ordered and paid for items online on 3 separate occasions and after a week or so, had a refund as the item is no longer in stock. Annoying when it’s still on the bloody website!
    I have however visited once or twice and they’ve been okay but I won’t ever try to order online from them again…

hexhamstu
    Free Member

You can’t speak to the staff because they are probably blind deaf and dumb. I’ve never actually received what I ordered from whinstanleys.

spudly1979
    Free Member

Bregante – i’ve had the same issue with wiggle a couple of times now – ordered kit thats “usually delivered in 7 days” and then been told it’ll be a bit longer, then a bit more, then “out of stock at our supplier” and then eta suddenly 3 months later!

Ordered a pump in March for my mate’s birthday – finally arrived in early June!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well I rang up to enquire about a headset I wanted, the bloke gave me the right information, I ordered the headset, paid for it and it arrived the next day.

So maybe this is just one of those cases where some of us are perfectly happy and others aren’t. Life’s a bit like that when you sit down and think about it. But is it a good thing to dwell on the negative so much? Maybe it might help those of you who have had negative experiences to be happy for those of us that have had positive ones. I dunno.

So much hate, so little time….

kudos100
    Free Member

It could also be that you had a good experience, but in general their customer service is poor and they don’t bother to answer the phone or emails. 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Could be, could well be.

Can’t be negative about something that I’ve had a positive experience though really, can I?

flow
    Free Member

They are f**king useless.

I bought some Hope Hoops off of them, they took the payment, 2 f**king months and many phone calls, they still didn’t turn up.

Ended up getting a refund.

Never again I tell you!

angryratio
    Free Member

Dealt with them a handful of times in the past 5 years.
    Items arrived about 2 working days after ordering.

Communication does’nt seem to be a strong point.

kudos100
    Free Member

No, but you can read all the negative comments on this post and perhaps deduce that maybe they are not the greatest at customer service?

hora
    Free Member

Elfin I was one stood in stood in there for 30mins. The chap before me 45 as he was complaining about a scratch on a frame he’d bought.

Transpires the management were away at a bikeshow and they were short staffed (lots of laughing could be heard from warehouse).

I only shop there on price (major items). If these prices became the norm I imagine they suddenly wouldn’t be as busy.

Does the owner(s) know this? I doubt they do. I’d love to tell them.

hora
    Free Member

Winstanleys strike again.

flange
    Free Member

Why keep buying from them then you mug

Yetiman
    Free Member

I placed an order with them last night, and it has been despatched already 😯 …….that’s just not on, I can’t moan now 🙁

hora
    Free Member

Why keep buying from them then you mug

Ive bought once. The topic I started two months ago are the forks I was checking stock to buy- now they are an issue 🙄

flange
    Free Member

Curious. I wonder if the Management are away at a show at the moment as this happened previously when I bought something from them.

Two days and no reply to my emails and no one picking up the phone.

Last year when I was buying a set of forks I heard this excuse

Would imply you’ve bought from them more than once…..

hora
    Free Member

Good point- I don’t think I bought them on that day (as I’d be waiting too long).

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Winstanley Bikes – Are you open?’ is closed to new replies.