Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Windoze
  • tails
    Free Member

So I put windows on my mac last night which went okay, It has been a while since I have used windows for a period of time since my work moved over to apple as well.

Now I had forgotten how many f**king pop up windows that OS produces!!!

Anyway enough of that, it won't let me put my copy of AutoCAD on as I guess 2005 CAD is not compatible with 64bit windows?

So I try to download the trial version from Autodesk, but it won't let my save to my C drive. I'm not allowed apparently despite me being the only person to use the thing. Anyone know what to do here save to desktop perhaps?

If not how does the piratebay work. Do you just find the item your after and click download? or do you have to download this miro software? All a bit gobbledygook to me.

Drac

Download it on Mac OS and open with Windows?

I have no idea how piratebay works but when I download legal torrents I use U-torrent.

Oh and if your using Windows 7 you may need to set permissions for saving files to certain areas.

beamers

I have no idea how the priatebay works either but I think you might need to install something like Transmission in order to access the torrent file thingys.

tails
    Free Member

thanks guys, your link goes back to STW beamers!

Yeah i did think of that drac download to say a external HDD and take over to windows.

i'll have a look at permissions, i presume they are found in the control panel.

beamers

I have no idea how the priatebay works either but I think you might need to install something like Transmission in order to access the torrent file thingys.

This proves that I have absolutely no idea what I am talking about.

Drac

i'll have a look at permissions, i presume they are found in the control panel.

When in Windows open Windows Explorer and right click on the folder name and select properties.

Errrr if you can right click with a Mac mouse these days. 😳

tails
    Free Member

Errrr if you can right click with a Mac mouse these days.

yeah you always have been able to just they have made it easier now, plus they seem to have ironed out the bugs you used to get when installing windows on a mac like bluetooth etc which is good.

johnners
    Free Member

Pop-up windows?

You're doing it wrong.

tails
    Free Member

You're doing it wrong.

care to explain? i get little pop up windows in the bottom right hand corner but not that stupid paper clip thank ****.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

stupid paper clip

Is it 1992 again?

Drac

Is it 1992 again?

Cough! '97

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

You can't save to your hard disk because User Account Control is set. Go into control panel > user accounts and completely disable user account control and restart. However, its designed to stop you messing up your PC, and as you seem to be a novice, I recommend not doing that. Save to your My Documents\Downlads folder instead.

Also to download files via Torrents download uTorrent (google for it).

Drac

Ah that's it Rossi has it. Second nature to do these things when I've done clean is I installs so forget the details.

Oooh he edited his response.

MSP

Download to the download folder, let the security settings do the job they are there for don't switch them off, especialy if you are going to be downloading torrents.

molgrips
    Free Member

User account control is also responsible for all the pop-ups… It also does more than stop YOU messing up your PC – it stops viruses etc messing it up too.

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

Yep the pop ups are UAC telling you that some software wants to change something on your PC. You can allow or deny this. Handy.

Once its installed (and conforms to security standards) there should be no more pop ups.

tails
    Free Member

thanks for your help and advice, much appreciated.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Windoze’ is closed to new replies.