Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Windows Mobile Smartphones, as good as the rest?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

My Android HTC Desire will soon be up for renewal, and to be honest I dont think I want to stay with Android, the main reason being that the sync with Outlook is to say the least crap ie not possible and google do not want to appear to resolve it.

So thinking of Windows 7. Has anyone got one, do they work as well as an Android, or iphone? Are many of the Apps found on iphone/android available on Windows?

Ta

soma_rich
    Free Member

I have never had any issues syncing with Exchange or Gmail what account do you have synced to Outlook?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’m using WP7 and love it. Easy to use, very fluid and fast to navigate around. App store is well populated (although I dont know much about the iphone store). I really cant fault it at all. Even the mobile version of Internet Explorer is really good.

stealfwayne

I have a windows phone, Motzart 7, very nice, easy to navigate, fast, good with media files. In answer to your question about apps, the short answer is No, nowhere near the amount of apps available and those that are are difficult or time consuming to locate…. I amn sure though that will improve….in time

GrahamS

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I have my diary/calendar on home PC (Windows XP – Office 2010 Outlook) All I want to do is download it to my Desire. It used to work OK, but not great using HTC Sync software.

However since about November last year when HTC updated the sync software and I stupidly updated it. It is now a known fault that you can not sync with outlook, and there is no intention to resolve it.

Also the standard mail app is just a bit rubbish… seeing as though Android is anti microsoft and do not want to support Outlook etc, I think it might just be easier to try Windows mobile again. I used to have an old windows mobile phone and it was a much better ‘work’ tool than Android currently is.

titusrider
    Free Member

Using a samsung omnia 7 and have been very impressed. outlook sync is great. Mango update comming soon will give significant new functionality such as multitasking. very easy to use and like the i phone stuff just works (but doesnt cost you £200)

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The Apps I would want, but not sure you can get the same or equivalent…

Google Maps (mainly for traffic congestion info)
    RAC Traffic
    Google Navigation
    Endomondo
    Facebook (yes sad I know)
    3G data usage type app.
    Ocado Shopping
    Ebay

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Dunc, you want Google Calendar Sync

It’ll sync Outlook to Google which will obviously then sync to your phone

ourkidsam
    Free Member

(if you stick with Android of course)

Big-Dave
    Free Member

My work HTC runs Windows and it is the very worst kind of temperamental sh!te imaginable. I have never known a mobile phone to crash before. The situation is so bad our IT bods are about to change our phones over to Android ones.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

My work HTC runs Windows and it is the very worst kind of temperamental sh!te imaginable. I have never known a mobile phone to crash before. The situation is so bad our IT bods are about to change our phones over to Android ones.

Is that wp7? What handset? I’ve got the Trophy 7 and I don’t think its crashed once in the 8 months I’ve had it?

Dunc, I reckon you’d get most (if not all of those on wp7). Endomondo is certainly available as is Facebook.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Windows Mobile Smartphones, as good as the rest?’ is closed to new replies.