• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Windows 8 download offer
  • MSP

Has anyone done the windows 8 for 25 quid download?

I want to know what you actually get, is it an iso file that can be burnt to a dvd for a fresh install, or is is just the files to perform an upgrade?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/buy?ocid=GA8_O_WOL_DIS_ShopHP_FPP_Light

nickjb
    Free Member

It says To install Windows 8 Pro, customers must be running Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 so it doesn’t sound like a fresh install.

cp

but then the upgrade discs for Windows 7 from Vista, XP etc… also all say that – it’s a statemen more to do with licensing than what you get I believe.

From reading around the web, it sounds like you get an option to download an ISO image.

mrmuddybum
    Free Member

You get the option of burning it to a disc before installation. I can boot from the disc I burned.

damitamit
    Free Member

I bought it on Sunday and installed it as a fresh install. You get the option to “create install media” once the download has finished (2GB). Then then rebooted with that, wiped the hd and did a fresh install.

MSP

OK that’s good, a few helpful pointers on the webpage would be useful.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

is it worth upgrading to 8?

watsontony
    Free Member

i had windows 8 on a spare computer last night. took it back off gone back to xp again. its okay just not for me. got the same kind of set-up on my xbox and love it. just does not seem to work with a desktop. but it is designed for touch screens.

Conan257
    Free Member

You can also choose to upgrade your current install keeping all installed programs and settings…

This is done through their program, doesn’t require any messing around with DVD’s etc etc.

enveetee
    Free Member

I could not believe this offer so I went for it.

Bought the 25.00 quid non-DVD version, downloaded it, burnt it onto a DVD and upgraded my (freshly installed W7 Pro 64 bit) install

Seems to work a charm!

My pc is 7 years old – Dell XPS

MSP

I should also add, that there is a separate offer for a free upgrade windows media center pack, which used to be included in the OS on previous versions. Even if you aren’t likely to use it, worth signing up and getting the license key to upgrade in future just in case.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Windows 8 download offer’ is closed to new replies.