Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • 'Windows 7 was my idea'……
  • mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

now call me a cynic but weren't most of the features they are advertising as new ideas in windows 7 actually apple's idea, quite a long time ago?

i'm no apple lover but it really just looks like an apple OS to me.

am i wrong?

coffeeking
    Free Member

And linux had a fair few before both IIRC.

Olly
    Free Member

I'm Joseph Fritzel, and no windows was my idea

beamers

When I saw that advert I couldn't help interpreting it as Microsoft shifting the blame away from themselves and onto the user.

tails
    Free Member

😆

taking features from apples OS is no bad thing in my mind, now if apple were to produce a word processing tool as good as MS word I'd be able to scrap office all together, but I want hold my breath.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Yes! Vista was my idea…..er sorry.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

beamers – i like it

'I'm a PC and the black screen of death was my idea'

the small print reads 'by viewing this advert you forgo the right to hold microsoft or it's partners liable for any crapness'

tomzo
    Free Member

Those adverts are as bad as postalgold adverts. It wasnt your idea, stop lying!

skidartist
    Free Member

well just the phrase "I'm a PC" was apple's idea, microsoft are trying to do their best to turn that into a positive attribute.

Microsoft's model has always been 'be second and be better', leave the thinking to other people, then arrive late and jump on the bandwagon. Thats how most people shop too, so it works.

Olly
    Free Member

Im spartacus, and windows was my idea….
    No I'm spartacus, and windows was MY idea.

NO
    I'm Spartacus!

(etc etc)

AndyRT
    Free Member

lol
    😆

pjbarton
    Free Member

i can't believe that dragging two windows, one to each side where they fill up each half is a feature worth advertising! irrespective of macosX exposé… it's just nothing!

Maybe they should have gone with "sorry about vista, but this one's ok!"

ctznsmith
    Free Member

@pjbarton …that one made me shout at the telly. I hate stuff like that (mouse gestures?) if I want a window to be a particular size I'll make it a particular size!! 😉

Olly
    Free Member

you know the "feature" of "shake the window you want, and all the others minimise, to clear the desktop"

whoevers idea it was, can we go around to her house and beat her to death with the "show desktop button"

i agree Mr Barton, all of the "features" are utter non events

CaptJon
    Free Member

An 'Invention of Lying' style advert would be amazing.

skidartist
    Free Member

What will be interesting is Apple's next big speech, not so much for the announcements of anything new, just the reports on market share.

Whenever Apple releases a new operating system theres a corresponding spike in apple hardware sales, whenever Microsoft releases a new operating system…… theres a corresponding spike in apple hardware sales.

Will be interesting to see if the same is true for Windows 7.

MrSmith
    Free Member

what happened to that zune thing? did anyone buy it?
    microsoft seem very successful and make a lot of money selling mediocrity

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

'Windows 7 was my idea'

Sounds like MS are trying to palm off it's shortcomings on other people already to me……

Jamie
    Free Member

Olly:

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I'm Mr Darcy and remaking Pride and Prejudice every few years so I can hear girls saying "Ooooh Mr. Darcy" was my idea.

Dougal
    Free Member

Microsoft make most of their money selling tools and licences to the enterprise market. Windows on the desktop is pocket-money in comparison.

Jamie
    Free Member

MrSmith – Member
    what happened to that zune thing? did anyone buy it?

Apparently the ZuneHD is supposed to be quite spiffy. Noone will buy it tho.

skidartist
    Free Member

Whats that guy standing behind the Joker doing? Is it a reference to brokeback mountain?

EDIT Oh hello…… he's disappeared

woody2000

Maybe Microsoft just like geek-baiting, you know, getting all the *NIX and Mac bods sucking their teeth.

😉

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

'be second and be better'

um, half right, anyway.

More like 'wait to see what Apple does, then rip it off asap and never mind the quality.

Viz these ads.

GrahamS

'be second and be better'

um, half right, anyway.

More like 'wait to see what Apple does, then rip it off asap and never mind the quality.

Umm.. Apple are not exactly known for innovation either!
    They do an excellent job of taking existing tech and making it shinier and better designed (i.e. iPod, iPhone, Mac OS).

jon1973
    Free Member

Is this the first Mac fanboy thread of 2010?

epicsteve
    Free Member

I thought Apple originally ripped their ideas off from Xerox anyway.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

taking existing tech and making it shinier

Where did they take OS X from, just out of interest?

And the original iPod interface?

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

epicsteve – Member
    I thought Apple originally ripped their ideas off from Xerox anyway.
    POSTED 29 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Not sure you can call it 'ripping off', exactly, especially if you compare System 7 to what Parc were doing.

Also, Xerox Parc didn't exactly have a great record of bringing things to market. We'd almost certainly never have heard of it if its research hadn't been applied to Lisa etc. There's a difference between that and cynically building quick and dirty lookalike products with no respect or regard for the thinking that went into the originals.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Where did they take OS X from, just out of interest?

They bought it off Next (although to be fair Steve Jobs was involved in Next too).

And the original iPod interface?

Creative, according to the patent suit they lost? Although to be fair, they did make the UI a bit nicer.

Joe

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘'Windows 7 was my idea'……’ is closed to new replies.