• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Windows 7 Pro Pre-order
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

DVD turned up today yey – post office deliveries are still on this morning yey! – I know what I will be doing tonight 😉

Go Pro Pre-order for £99 – upgrading originall from Vitsa 32bit, using 64bit Win 7 RC and going to install it on my 160Gb intel SSD.

Windows 7 – if you havent tried it don't knock it 😉 Although Windows 7 really is Vista MKII but if your on XP then I would def recommend it myself who had XP Pro on my older desktop 😉

If you a Mac or Linux user then just ignore the above and "move along" 😉

BlingBling
    Free Member

Mine also arrived today 😀

Looking forward to endless grief getting it installed.

podman
    Free Member

Mine just arrived- £55 Home Premium pre-order which I meant to cancel, as I'm now a Mac user!

Will be using it to upgrade from xp64 on my desktop, which hasn't been turned on for about four months now. I was intending to cancel the pre-order and download a copy of Server 2008 R2 from DreamSpark instead, but I guess I'll put Win7 on; the media bits might come in handy.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Looking forward to endless grief getting it installed.

I have installed RC on two HD's (inc is SSD) without ANY problems – is your's an upgrade? Mines a clean install and going to use windows easy transfer (on Win RC)to transfer all my progs and data over hopefully wihout any issues 😕

BlingBling
    Free Member

Clean install but planning on switching AHCI on the HDD so no doubt in for a world of pain.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

I have had the full release version available since August!

foxyrider
    Free Member

I bet it will be pretty smooth – tried beta and RC and they were pretty smooth installs – you may have a chance for a drink down the pub at the end but I won't chance fate 😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

It installed like treat last night – just installing my apps and then import my windows easy transfer file later 🙂

Flaperon

£30 Professional Edition arrived yesterday. Few things as useful as a .ac.uk email address.

tracknicko
    Free Member

flaperon did you pay for the disc and get it posted? or download only? think the dowlonad would muller my monthly limit!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I bought my new laptop with a free upgrade, but I've now realised I have no idea how to get the free upgrade. 😕

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Make sure you try the 'character' theme for your desktop – it's pretty damn kooky

Drac

I bought my new laptop with a free upgrade, but I've now realised I have no idea how to get the free upgrade.

Try the manufacturers website.

Jamie
    Free Member

*obligatory smug Mac owner reply*

Glad Microsoft has finally got you a half decent OS to play with

😉

Drac

Glad Microsoft has finally got you a half decent OS to play with

Shame Apple messed up this time. 😮

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Windows 7 Pro Pre-order’ is closed to new replies.