Viewing 17 posts - 161 through 177 (of 177 total)
  • Windows 10
  • Sandwich

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXDK3x5lAYI[/video]
    This would be you and me Scaredypants, backs out of thread quietly so as not to disturb the geekfest.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’ve got the “delayed right-click” bug now :/ 7-zip seems to have caused it.

IMHO Windows is still easy to “break”.

Cougar

What do you need 7-zip for? Only time I’ve ever had to crack it out is amending large Zip files, 7-zip can add files to archives, the native client has to unpack and repack the entire archive which can take ages (or at least, it used to). For pretty much everything else the built-in handling is fine I’ve found.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I added it to open a .rar

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

@squirrelking
    LGA771 Xeons can also fit in your 775 board [assuming Motherboard compatibility] and will overclock too. Might be a useful upgrade?

[video]https://youtu.be/HUqBW-kq1_0[/video]

squirrelking
    Free Member

Interesting but TBH the money they go for is a non starter, I’d rather upgrade than sink more money into a mediocre board. Thanks though 🙂

Cougar

Good point. I use WinRAR for that.

Cougar

Sorry, I’ve just processed what you said. When you right-click it displays a context menu, and things like Zip programs often add their own tools to that menu.

If 7-Zip gives you the option whether or not to install the context extensions (sometimes called Explorer Integration or some such) during setup, I’d bet that not installing them would fix the issue.

(And on a point of note, that’s not really “breaking Windows,” rather Windows is waiting on a third party tool to return information.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Ok, I’ll look into it 🙂

Are you ever going to tell me which Xeons you have, Cougar?

Cougar

I’ve got to find the buggers first.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Aaah

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

OK – so bizarrely, hitting the “context menu” button on the keyboard works instantly…. odd.

It’s not the batteries.

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

Good point. I use WinRAR for that.[/quote]

7zip is free for commercial use, WinRar should be licensed.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/windows-10-auto-schedules-updates,31802.html?_ga=1.12112625.417055817.1420962873

NB mortals, Windows 10 may install itself by default on your machine at this point.

ratherbeintobago

It’s been doing that for a while, to be fair.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

That was more of a bug wasn’t it? Only for a very few people. Whereas this is now a default for many other I think.

richmars

My work laptop has the windows 10 notification thing (bottom right). I’ll check it on Monday, Thanks for posting.

Viewing 17 posts - 161 through 177 (of 177 total)

The topic ‘Windows 10’ is closed to new replies.