Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Wind break in front of patio – ideas please!…
  • the-muffin-man

We live on a hillside and it always seems to be flippin windy. So even on the nicest days you’re constantly trying to stop things being blown off the table! And trying to read a paper is out.

I’m trying to come up with a solution that can either be removed/installed easily. Or is permanent (possibly glass like you get on a balcony).

The view is great, the wind can be very annoying.

Any ideas welcome.

Ta

mikewsmith
    Free Member

never break wind on the patio

the-muffin-man

never break wind on the patio

I try not to stand too close to the BBQ when doing so!

binners

Go retro Blackpool style

Its not only a windbreak, more a lifestyle choice. You could sit behind it going lobster coloured, top off, showing off your tats, while drinking a can of wifebeater, and starting random fights with pasers-by.

soobalias
    Free Member

depends on the space you have available.

i would be looking to a green solution, angled and/or low level trellace with climbing plants

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Prop up some old mattresses on pallets, or tyres are pretty easy to get hold of. HTH.

matttromans
    Free Member

Do you own the land below the patio? If so, so clever planting on this could help slow the wind down. A solid barrier, unless high is unlikely to help much.

binners

How about dumping an old caravan there?

pictonroad

I sat behind one of those mesh wind breaks the other day, extremely effective and once you’d tuned it out a bit, not as obtrusive as you’d imagine.

willard

Bamboo?

Oh no… Much better. Pampass grass. Have a hot tub?

mark90
    Free Member
    sharkbait
    Free Member

If you can stretch to it I’d go with glass balustrade – does a cracking job whilst maintaining your view. A bit ££ though and the ease of install would depend upon your patio.

ridethelakes
    Free Member

We’ve got a gazebo from ikea that does the trick:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80198846/

binners

Go for the industrial look….

joshvegas
    Free Member

Steel table and glue magnets to evetything.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Wind break in front of patio – ideas please!…’ is closed to new replies.