Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wind and hiss
  • flockofffish
    Free Member

Its a bit windy and wet out there. Hows the wind your way ?
    Flock

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s flocking quiet here in Brizzle.

GrahamS

Southwest 6 to gale 8, occasionally severe gale 9, veering west 6 or 7 later.
    Rain then showers. Moderate or good.

shaxi
    Free Member

it seems it is not a happy tour ! 🙂

skiboy
    Free Member

twas muchos windy here in mkeynes a at 5 but has calmed down a little which is nice as i’ve got to
    ride to work now,tata

Stoner
    Free Member

My wonderful mummy got me this for my biirthday last week.
    I can download data to the computer for more detail later, but according to the console, it says that wind peaked a gust of 57mph las night here at the foot of Mt Malvern.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Nice one Stoner. I’ve got a standalone anemometer mounted on one of the outbuildings that used to hook into an old pc in my office using a game controller card. Each rotation of the cups was a button click and I wrote a little program in VB that counted the clicks per minute and turned that into a windspeed then drew a graph – which was fun.
    Unfortunately that pc died and I lost the app and can’t be bothered writng the app again!
    Mum has a wireless Oregon Scientific weather station that she doesn’t want and would be cool but unfortunately its a model that doesn’t link to a PC 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

well Im having trouble getting this to store and release data. It says it can hold 175 data points (which is not a lot) but every tie I plug it in it just shows the current data point in the log 🙁

manual and help notes are shit.

might need to email manufacturer or get on the forums…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ahh we bought four anemometer’s from a chap in West Sussex. Mounted them on and around the Sailing Club. We rely on CHimet and Cambermet too much so bought these fellas, nifty bit of kit they are.

Anywhoos it’s rather quiet on the Coast, 15knts Westerly, 15C.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wind and hiss’ is closed to new replies.