Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • win 7 black screen and cursor
  • sweepy
    Free Member

thats all im getting, its a bit bigger in safe mode. where do I go from here?

Cougar

Chkdsk. You can do it from the recovery console (hit F8 on boot, or boot from the install DVD) and run through the recovery options.

This is assuming, of course, that you’ve not done anything special like leaving a bootable CD / USB key in the PC.

Drac

This is assuming, of course, that you’ve not done anything special like leaving a bootable CD / USB key in the PC.

Mine at times will pause at bootup at various stages if there’s some sort of removable media device attached, not always but it does do it. So like Cougar says check for that.

sweepy
    Free Member

Theres nothing in the pooter, with F8 i get the boot manager wwhich gives me the option of starting win 7 which takes me to the black screen again. or windows memory diagnostics.
    The pooter came with vista installed, which was later upgraded to 7, which disc should i try, and how do I boot from it?

Thanks by the way.

Cougar

Put the Windows 7 DVD in the drive, then reboot. Assuming it’s set up to do so, it should boot off the DVD (you might see a ‘press a key to boot from CD’ prompt).

MrFart
    Free Member

Mine seems to do this once every couple of months. Normally I just leave it on for 45min or so and it sorts its self out. I understand it’s a driver issue from what I’ve read on other forums.

sweepy
    Free Member

Nope, but now it goes into the error recovery improper shutdown screen, then whichever mode i select its back to the cursor.
    Ive tried that with the vista reinstallation dvd, the win 7 upgrade assistant DVD and the windows 7 upgrade DVD, all the same.

boblo
    Free Member

Mine does it occasionally as well. I’m not patient enough to wait so I crash it and reboot. It goes through the self check process then proclaims itself happy and content…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘win 7 black screen and cursor’ is closed to new replies.