Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Wimblun [poss spoilers]
  • Stoner
    Free Member

anyone else watching this doubles final?

‘kin brilliant game.

LeeW

Woot!

molgrips
    Free Member

Brilliant.. I love how the experienced pros look all rehearsed at the interviews, but these too are grinning like looons OMFG I can’t believe it!

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh and the womens’ finals was impressive too – Radwanska was ill, but still played, still reached the final and still made a good go of it – and she didn’t mention being ill in the post match interview… That’s sportswomanship.

brakes
    Free Member

Brilliant game.
    Marray knocks Murray into a cocked hat in terms of personality.
    He had won about £20k from tennis over the last year, now he’s just pocketed £130k plus opened a lot of doors.

montylikesbeer

Total hats off

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Bravo!

Edric64
    Free Member

He had only won about 275k in 10 years so he must be well happy

aracer
    Free Member

So Brit called M?rray is the first British winner at Wimbledon for 76 years. Just 1 day early.

Actually belay that – Marray’s English isn’t he and Murray will be Scottish again this time tomorrow?

ratadog

So Brit called M?rray is the first British winner at Wimbledon for 76 years.

[Pedant mode]Apart from Virginia Wade,Ann Jones and Angela Mortimer, also Ann Shilcock and Angela Buxton, Not forgetting John Lloyd, Jeremy Bates, Jo Durie and Jamie Murray.[/Pedant mode]

Still absolutely great for Jonny Marray and Frederick Nielsen and thoroughly deserved.

aracer
    Free Member

[Pedant mode]

I presume you missed the implied “in that particular competition” – adding which would have made the sentence rather tortuous?

donsimon
    Free Member

Time to get behind the plucky Scot me thinks… 😀

headfirst
    Free Member

Yes he’s looking decidedly Scottish…

wrightyson
    Free Member

Fed is a fookin legend!!! What a gent firstly and ultimate professional secondly!!

billysugger
    Free Member

I’d say best sportsman of my generation wrighty. Legend.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Wimblun [poss spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.