Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • wimbledon SPOILER
  • headfirst
    Free Member

Andy Murray asserts his BRITISHness, hurrah!

I suspect he’ll be Scottish again before the fortnight is through.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

O joy..

The 2nd most boring Scottish bloke on the plannet, is gonna be given even more airtime..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Who’s the most boring then, old chap?

Houns

Like you need to ask!

Drac

The rest of the Scottish.

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

I have absolutely no patriotism towards Andy Murray, he is firmly in the same category as Lewis Hamilton to me, that is “dull robotic and very irritating british sportsmen”

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Moe – many things you can call Murray but dull and robotic? Hardly.

He was badly ambushed by the press a couple of times so now has been much more circumspect about what he says.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Moe – many things you can call Murray but dull and robotic? Hardly.

TJ are we talking about the same person??

Really??

He has got to be the most un-isperational, boring, dour, bloke in the world.

Ever.

The guy talks with no passion at all about the game he loves.

mn, I’d love tto be wrong, but dear god, he even makes old Tiny“tiger Time” look interesting.

A fact I thought was impossible.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Very good Flash, I applaude you…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He has got to be the most un-isperational, boring, dour, bloke in the world.

Yeah, you see, he grew up in Dunblane, in a not very traditonal hotbed of tennis (well, actually, that’d be the whole of the island). Fortunately, he was the son of a very hard working and committed mother (I know little about his dad).

And here he is in his early twenties – No. 3 in one of the hardest solo sports in the world. A sport where it’s just you, your racket, a ball and the other guy. Sometimes that other guy is possibly the best at his sport seen in modern times. And sometime that other guy is the other guy whose one of the best at his sport in modern times. There’s no bike, no double diffusers to help. Just you, the other guy, some sticks and a ball.

He travels all over the world, competing in tournaments that we don’t really even hear about. He’s beaten those two best-ever-at-the-sport on his way, in grand slam events (maybe not the Fed, could be wrong). A couple of years ago, people said “you need to beef up mate” so he came out and grew biceps twice the size and blew Nadal off the court, a guy with biceps, I would guess Teetosugars, bigger than your thighs.

Yeah, that’s uninspirational, really uninspirational. Tell me, what would he need to do to inspire you? I’m pretty impressed with him.

AndyP
    Free Member

Tell me, what would he need to do to inspire you?

Stand on centre court and tell all the whey-faced Home Counties split@rses with arms like hams to stop painting Union flags on their faces, lose the jester hats and stop flicking themselves off to Jeremy Bates.
    Either that, or disembowel himself with his own tennis bat. That would be inspiring. Otherwise he’s just a c*nt.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

d]eadly – if he smoked, drank and lost more, he’d be much more popular. “Another plucky failure from the great british hope”

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Well he got enough people riled about the comments he was trapped into about the world cup so has watched his mouth since then.

He is door – yes – but he plays with passion and intensity and at a very young age has become one of the best in the world in his sport. Henman was struggling to break into the top 100 at the age Murray was firmly in the top ten.

I have seen him interviewed laughing and joking. Seen the keepie uppy clip he does?

andywhit
    Free Member

Well done scrawny English Scottish British bloke!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Otherwise he’s just a c*nt.

Charming, just charming.

DezB
    Free Member

Andy Murray asserts his BRITISHness, hurrah

You mean he lost??

AndyP
    Free Member

Charming, just charming.
    he certainly doesn’t come across like that.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

he certainly doesn’t come across like that.

Nor are you fella.

AndyP
    Free Member

have we met?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘wimbledon SPOILER’ is closed to new replies.