Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 188 total)
  • Will Surf Matt return?
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Nice?… NICE… NICE!?!

I just did a little bit of sick in my mouth.

rOcKeTdOg

*gets dizzy, wants to go to bed*

she used to be on STW amd Mleh too 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Which forum is she on now RD? She sounds nice! 😀

rOcKeTdOg

none which can be linked to here without a ban!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*runs at the merest hint of spending more time in the wilderness*

Sandwich

Dilbert seems appropriate.

mooman
    Free Member

fair do – I used to be as popular as surf matt on an old forum I used to visit.

Dont really matter what people saying about you – as long as they are talking about yous.

Awesome!

Saccades
    Free Member

I gave up reading anything posted by surfmat after his chassis clanger – his “flounce” is quite amusing though.

BillMC

I’m sure his towering ego (or insecurity) is put in a flat spin by the thought of a 4 page thread JUST ABOUT HIM. I bet you could see that willy waving in Cornwall all the way from John O’Groats. Awesome.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Quirrel – perhaps he felt cornered on that thread and was angry at the way the ‘hive mind’ was feeding at his carcass.

Xylene
    Free Member

He’s reading this.

Flouncers always do.

One day, he will read something and slip up and have to post……unless he is a serious flouncer, then they randomise their password and then setup a new email address that has a randomized password to it. Don’t write it down and a true flounce has occured.

Xylene
    Free Member

Quirrel – perhaps he felt cornered on that thread and was angry at the way the ‘hive mind’ was feeding at his carcass.

Perhaps he didn’t like having it pointed out to him that what he has said was wrong and dangerous.

I don’t think that thread was much in the way of attacking (I did, but that was more on the dangerous side of his comment than him personally).

Most of that thread is a discussion about LFB and SBZ pointing out that he could teach SM if he can afford it.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’d forgot we were talking about Mat.

Mat when you return, make sure you play this….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twgArtVqMlM[/video]

Awesome!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I would just like to add, after I said previously that I’m a ‘hater’ (seems a bit strong re-reading it), that I’m sure in the real world he’s a nice enough fellow, it’s just he’s a bit misunderstood on here 😉
    As has been said, I’m sure if we all met in a social situation we would all get on & buy each other a beer, well I would happily buy Matt a beer anyway.

Cheers.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

There’s only one person on here I might think twice about buying a beer 8)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

There’s only one person on here I might think twice about buying a beer

Awww, c’mon! You can’t say that without letting us know who it is!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Heh. Avid forumites will know as I have made it clear 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Jesus H Christ, you’re telling me I need to spend more time on here?!

momentum_2000
    Free Member

Well aint you a sorry bunch ?.

Pulling someone apart for the sake of it. Like you lot are perfect.

This thread is a prime example of what is wrong with this place, you show it and yourselves, at its worst.

I hope SM is out on his bike, I hope he’s having a good time, without childish online character discetion.

Poor show here, you really have let yourselves down, or maybe not…

Jamie
    Free Member

Jesus H Christ, you’re telling me I need to spend more time on here?!

Here is a clue.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ahh, that was going to be my guess, Michael Caine is a prat at the end of the day.

You’re only supposed to blow the bloody doors off

Gimme a break I just wanna enjoy a quiet pint!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Lol at Jamie. In one!

🙂

hugorune

Compared to some of the freaks on here he struck me as relatively normal – just seems to be unable to .take any criticism and just wouldn’t let it lie. There does seem to be an increasing amount of bullying going on on here recently 🙁

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Where’s elfinsafety when you need him…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Compared to some of the freaks on here …. does seem to be an increasing amount of bullying

Where do I claim my £5?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

As someone with a ‘fan club’ of my own on here, I have to say that Surf Mat needs to develop a thicker skin if he wants to continue enjoying using internet forums. Speshly if you’re gonna be an outspoken opinionated character.

I’ve crossed swords with Mat a few times, and find him a bit naive and ignorant on certain matters. Maybe he thinks similar of me, I dunno. But I din’t find him a hateful character, and I think he contributed a lot of positive stuff as well, and did seem to want to be helpful to others.

Moist people are actually probbly pretty much like their online personas, as faking it would actually be quite difficult over time, I’d imagine. You’d slip up eventually. There’s playing up for effect, and actually lying, but quite a bit of difference in between.

As for ‘insecure and lacking in self esteem’ I think that could be levelled at loads of people on here. But why should it be seen as something so negative? Jeeze, we’ve all got our own issues. So what if someone isn’t perfect? Who is?

I just take it with a pinch of salt these days. I’ve had heated arguments with folk on here, then got on great with them in real life. Life’s too short to go round hating and bearing grudges. You’re never going to agree with everyone, just accept that we’re all individuals and think differently about stuff.

I’ve learned not to get so wound up by stuff on here. Water off a duck’s back these days, if people try to goad me. I just try to imagine why they are doing what they’re doing, and analyse my own behaviour too. Not always easy, and people aren’t always all that self-aware. The forum can act like a barometer of your own mood and tension; it’s helpful to read stuff back sometimes, see where things might have been a little better handled. A recent dabble on another forum (yes I know, I’m sorry) revealed that quite a number of folk can’t manage introversion, and look to externalise their own anxieties by attacking others. At first I found it amusing, then I started actually feeling sorry for some folk, one in particular. I concluded that I’d been a bit sadistic, and perhaps should have backed off sooner, as it became clear that one person was genuinely angry and wound up. It’s not nice to do that to others, and I regret the whole affair tbh.

See, it’s not just the internets; a forum like this is a community, which people want to belong to. There’s real human beings at the end of each telephone cable. So what if they have big egos? So what if they’re insecure? So what if they don’t measure up to our own exacting standards? Are you perfect?

Look within, before you judge others.

cinnamon_girl

There does seem to be an increasing amount of bullying going on on here recently

It’s the time of year but people also need to realise when it’s appropriate to back off/take a little walk.

I wouldn’t describe it as bullying though – male PMT more like. 😉

IanMunro
    Free Member

Stop it elf, before it’s too late!
    You’ll be hugging that nice chap who sells photocopiers next 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😆

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

He seemed like a fairly sound character but he was easy to take the piss out of. Hopefully he’ll be back.

donsimon
    Free Member

I think that he should take himself a little less seriously and enjoy the forums for what they are. I would like to say, however, that in this case I think there was some validity in his argument and those who condone tailgating and then saw fit to bully him should be ashamed of yourselves

chakaping
    Free Member

Oh come on, bullying is a bit of an overstatement.

He was one of the most argumentative people I’ve ever seen on an internet forum and an expert at winding people up (possibly unintentionally though).

And yes, some of you might happily buy him a pint in real life, but you’d soon be furtively looking around for someone else to talk to as he regaled you with stories about how awesome he is.

Stop the soul searching and get on with your lives.

philconsequence
    Free Member

hugging!? pffft, doesnt go far enough to showing him our undying love… i’ve got a new “i love working for shibbo” tattoo 😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

That tag is not Awesome! 😕

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

bullying is a bit of an overstatement

Said by someone who’s never experienced it……

aracer
    Free Member

I would like to say, however, that in this case I think there was some validity in his argument and those who condone tailgating and then saw fit to bully him should be ashamed of yourselves

I think you need to re-read the thread in question. Very little condoning of tailgating, lots of people quite rightly pointing out that flashing your brakelights at a tailgater is dangerous.

If that was bullying then anybody who’s ever been wrong on here and attempted to maintain their position in the face of people pointing out how they are wrong has been bullied. If it felt like bullying to him then maybe he needs to have a good look at his own on-line persona and wind his neck in a bit.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I love you M_F.

There is nobody on here who I wouldn’t have a drink with.

donsimon
    Free Member

Very little condoning of tailgating, lots of people quite rightly pointing out that flashing your brakelights at a tailgater is dangerous.

Anyone who pulls over to let a tailgater through is accepting that tailgating is an acceptable way to move through traffic and therefore condoning the action. The person who is tailgating is the one who is driving dangerously and who should have received the full weight of STW bravado and vitriol. If the tailgater can not react in sufficient time because I’ve checked my brakes on seeing a child/animal/or something else and they provoke an accdent, it is 100% their fault. End.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Nothing is ever 100% one persons fault though.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

If it felt like bullying to him then maybe he needs to have a good look at his own on-line persona and wind his neck in a bit.

Maybe, but then maybe if people can see someone is getting wound up, then back off. I’ve had a tete a tete with Mat, but I can see how winding someone up isn’t really nice. Maybe it feels good to goad someone if they’ve annoyed you, but then why does it? All about egos, in’t it? I’ve realised that my own ego can be fragile at times, and that I feel a need to ‘win’ an argument, but then I don’t pretend to be perfect. I can at least identify this within myself, and take a step back. I think many people would benefit from doing the same really.

So yeah, maybe Mat is being a bit oversensitive, but then why not take a moment to think about why he is like that? We don’t know about his real life situation; maybe he’s having a difficult time, and getting one over others on here helps him feel a bit better about himself. No it’s not the best way to deal with things, but maybe it’s the way Mat deals with it. Maybe it’s the only way he can deal with things. Being nasty to someone isn’t going to help them, is it? It’s only going to perpetuate the bad feeling and negativity.

I think it’s important to try and understand why people are the way they are, and moderate our behaviour accordingly. Maybe, someone can act like a dick at first, but then with a bit of understanding and compassion for others, thy can change.

We have a responsibility not just to ourselves, but too others too. Otherwise Society collapses.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 188 total)

The topic ‘Will Surf Matt return?’ is closed to new replies.