Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Will Scotland get Norn Iron if it becomes independant?
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You mean – there is the logical position.

Waht about Cambelltown / kintyre – if they don’t vote for independence but the rest of scotland does? Or how about morningside? Or Mull?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Wrecker – apparantly the All uk general election means a tory government for all of the UK despite it only being a part of the UK that voted tory.

wrecker
    Free Member

With devolution, it doesn’t mean as much to scotland or wales as it did though does it?
    And the shetlands didn’t vote for the SNP, so why should they have it’s policies forced on it?

GEDA
    Free Member

Scottish independence is about nothing but Nationalism at the end of the day. The North of England did not vote for the Tories but still get a Tory government. As I said it is just that Scots have something to hang their grievances on. Most stuff is decided upon in the EU or boardrooms anyway. Just another gravy train with politicians making themselves fat and making themselves feel more important.

swiss01
    Free Member

nobody bothered to google the orkney/shetland movement? at the very least? oh well.

there has been discussion around the islands position with regard to the mainland since i was wee. and, most recently, with regard to the ferries – northern islands ferries go to somewhere not voting snp, calmac go to somewhere where they do. could there be a connection? i wonder…

i think it’s more likely that the shetlanders would go for a faroes style position in the face of a central belt/nationalist centric government but, i guess, it’s not beyond the bounds of possibility that orkney might join them, dependent on how iniquitous the mainland government turned out to be.

a scandinavian inclined northern isles? i’d happily ditch this mainland boorach to go home for that

druidh
    Free Member

Anyway – back to Northern Ireland.

I’m not close enough to the issues/feeling, but I’m assuming that the historical divide would be that many folk would rather join an independent Eire than an independent Scotland?

Spin
    Free Member

Will Scotland get Norn Iron back if it becomes independant?

FTFY

konabunny
    Free Member

the Ulster Scots want to be part of a part of a country they have cultural connections to

I want a poodle that shits ice cream. It doesn’t mean that I’m going to get it.

collinstiffee
    Free Member

compromise. how about a labrador?

konabunny
    Free Member

that shits poodles?

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Will Scotland get Norn Iron if it becomes independant?’ is closed to new replies.