Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Will my house burn down if….
  • Kryton57

I do the morally incorrect thing of leaving a Oil filled Rad on the “frost” setting (750w with thermostat) in the man cave?

Never sure how safe they are to leave unattended….. Or perhaps I should get a fan heather for instant heat when I’m fettling?

I should point out we have the tumble drier in there so I’m attempting to avoid condensation on the plastic corragated roof at this point in the year also.

wwaswas

if you’re happy to leave the tumble drier unattended then I would – tumble drier’s are far more likely to spontaneously combust.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

<serious point>
    Last year (around Christmas), my friend’s uncle’s tumble dryer caught fire and caused a serious house fire.
    </serious point>

footflaps

I do the morally incorrect thing of leaving a Oil filled Rad on the “frost” setting (750w with thermostat) in the man cave?

Wouldn’t bother me…

br
    Free Member

We’ve had one on for a couple of months in my wife’s Tack Room, nothing covering it or near it though – and its pretty new.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Tack Room?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Horsey stuff

wwaswas

Horsey stuff

or a special room for storing small nails.

project
    Free Member

Tumble driers are a serious risk of fire if left unattended or left full of fluff fromt he clothes, next time you empty the fluff filterr take it outside and chuck a match on it and see what happens.

Oil filled radiators are ok, as long as the thermostat works corectly.If not they can overheat, and ……….

edlong
    Free Member

I also know someone who lost a house to an unattended tumble drier.

kevj
    Free Member

I’d suggest there has been numerous fires in people’s ‘tack room’

organic355
    Free Member

I was considering this for my man cave/garage too

problem is its where i keep my kindling, so thought against it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Will my house burn down if….’ is closed to new replies.