Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Will I regret selling my Lyriks for Revs.
  • SOAP
    Free Member

As Ive said before Ive made my bike a bit to GNARRRRRRR for pedaling round south wales trail centres and hills
    So looking to shed some weight

Uturn coil mission control Lyrik 160mm Vs Rev RLT Ti blackbox 150mm

Anyone got any thoughts on these two forks

IA

The small different between the two won’t suddenly make you fly up hills….

Lyriks aint that heavy, and revs are a bit twangy if you’re caning it.

Having said that, both are probably fine! Though spending the money on wheels probably more noticeable?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

yes you will – totally different forks!

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

twangy? they’re so adjustable so how can they always be twangy? mine aren’t anyway!

cr500dom
    Free Member

I did just this, coil u-turn lyriks sold and replaced with Dual position air Revelations (with 20mm maxle)
    I do miss the ridgidity of the lyriks sometimes, you really could just load the front up and have utmost faith that if you could hold the line, they would too.
    The revs are a little less direct but also a lot lighter, I don’t miss the lyriks on the climbs 😉

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I wouldn’t swap personally, but that’s just me. In fact I’m in the market for some more Lyriks, so let me know if you do sell….

SOAP
    Free Member

Ok some points to take on board.
    Running Flows on pro2 tubeless Purgatory tyres
    Suggestions for strong lighter wheels?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I can run my local resonably gnaar dh on revs
    I can pedal my local xc trails with 36’s/55’s

Both work….

However the stiffer fork will go through things easier so you will notice some difference. In the end it depends how much you put in to the riding.

snaps
    Free Member

I’ve just fitted tapered Lyriks to my C456 replacing 1″1/8 revs & the stiffness is night & day different.
    But I’m trying to keep the bike below 24lbs so I’ve just ordered some tapered RCT3 revs.
    By twangy I think you’re feeling fore/aft flex – a trade off for the weight saving but not a bad thing considering the weight difference & what the forks are designed for.
    On both forks I’m using Crests on Pro2s with Maxxis 2.1 LUST tyres.

hora
    Free Member

How heavy are you? What is the actual difference? 1LB?

Sheesh. Concentrate on spinning mass, lighten up elsewhere.

Im guessing you are struggling with fitness OP?? 1lb on the thing that takes the travel impacts first? Where stiffer is better than light/flex? . Personally if you ride alot of rocky keep the Lyrik. Flowy/less gnar? Revs. If your 15stone+ though youll feel Revs flex if your clumsy etc. I bet increased wear n tear on the forks/seals etc as well?

(Lots of ? as Im no expert)

superlukey
    Free Member

In a word, no. Had both Lyrics and Rev’s. Both great but Rev’s just better for all round trail stuff and can handle some decent abuse. I’ve hit 5 plus drops with mine. Great forks.

IA

Twangy – in that they aint stiff, you can feel the difference to a stiff fork.

Northwind

I’m running revs on one bike (blackbox Teams) and coil Lyriks in another. TBH neither is better or worse but they’re pretty different, basically the Lyrik has focus and the Rev doesn’t. Very happy with both. The weight isn’t that important but the difference in feel between the 2 is pretty substantial, the Lyriks feel very compliant and really active, the Revs are that much more supportive, which obviously makes a difference to pedalling but also to descending etc.

As for stiffness, yes the Revs are less stiff, but it’s by an amount I don’t really care about- takes seconds to recalibrate the brain. They’re certainly not squiggly.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Interested in the lyriks if you do sell.
    R

rhysw
    Free Member

I’ve just bought the new Lyrik rc2 DH forks. Lighter than the coils, stiffer than the Revs. Maybe this is what your after??

Stevelol
    Free Member

I’ve gone from lyriks to Revs before and the stiffness isn’t much of a concern, the weight is more noticeable to me.

tomaso
    Free Member

My old Coil U-Turn Lyriks were about 900 grams more than the Rev RC3s – it is a fairly chunky difference that wouldn’t make a huge difference but it does make a difference!

tmb467
    Free Member

Man up and get a bit fitter

Cycle up some hills to build your fitness up and lose some weight. Not saying you’re fat but…

It’s easier (and cheaper) to lose two pounds off yer belly than off the bike

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Will I regret selling my Lyriks for Revs.’ is closed to new replies.