Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Will Guy Martin ever get a bloody tt win???
  • tracknicko
    Free Member

no. jesus christ warner and martin could not be more different.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I know nothing about motorbike racing, but who would you compare him to in the mtb world? Rob Warner?

Hell no!

He’s a cross between Fred Dibnah, Barry Sheene and Wolverine from the X-men
    ———————————

I keep noticing that when people try and interview him, he always seems to turn it into a ‘friendly chat with your mate’ and starts asking questions back!

thegreatape
    Free Member

The real Fred Dibnah mind. Not the retired Fred Dibnah off here.

billysugger
    Free Member

@uplink

That was the plan for this year but my arm and wrist are still not moving well enough so the revised plan is probably the Manx. Never been. Either that or the Ulster, got family over there. Been a couple of times and it’s possibly the best meeting I’ve been to.

Oh yeah I’ve got to get meself a van too. Looking for an 07ish Transporter, 130bhp+, mileage less than most of the heaps on pikeybay.

Anybody?

billysugger
    Free Member

People keep comparing him to Fred Dibnah but Fred wouldn’t have thought cotton comes from sheep.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Hell no!

i meant in terms of being close be winning big, but not quite there.

epicyclo

PeterPoddy – Member

Perfect!

I’d love to see him win too. Maybe next year on a steam motorbike…

uplink
    Free Member

17:15 for the senior now

birky
    Free Member

Mark Higgins out with the Subaru again, 162mph at the Sulby speed trap and avg 126 to Ramsey 😯

thegreatape
    Free Member

It is going to be shown live at this rate!

epicsteve
    Free Member

Mark Higgins out with the Subaru again, 162mph at the Sulby speed trap and avg 126 to Ramsey

When I was over there with my CBR600 a few years back I made the mistake of getting into a bit of a race over the mountain with a local chap in a Subaru. I did get away from him eventually bit it was a lot more difficult than I’d expected.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

i meant in terms of being close be winning big, but not quite there.

Chris ‘The Stalker’ Walker.

Google him. That’s who sprang to mind for me. 🙂

KennySenior
    Free Member

That’s probably because they’ve all got 3 legs over there (or are just clever dicks, never quite sure) so he could easily do all that heel toe double clutch guff that they go on about for page after page sometimes.

stevio

5.15 start and the Vulcan’s flying over Douglas Bay @ 7.30 – will be close for many getting back to see it. Got my Guy Martin “By Eck, Chief” Tee shirt from Red Torpedo @ the Grandstand this morning. Might ask him to sign it if he lives through the Senior…..

Ps look @ Hancoxart.com for a signed Guy Martin cartoon of him on a tractor @ Ginger Hall…

uplink
    Free Member

Don’t think the Senior will be on tonight’s show
    They’ve added another programme tomorrow

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Will Guy Martin ever get a bloody tt win???’ is closed to new replies.