Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Will cobra unleash the army to the streets??
  • Northwind

Kimbers beat me to it. By 6 damn minutes 🙁

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Muddydwarf – your country needs you

maccruiskeen

[ chants] Muddydwarf, Muddydwarf, Muddydwarf, Muddydwarf, Muddydwarf, Muddydwarf… [ /chants]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjd1j8Bf6RI[/video]

muddydwarf
    Free Member

TJ – why not get the local superhero padded/fred/safety to save the day? 😆

cranberry
    Free Member

We could kill 2 birds with one stone:

Dress the rioters up in something nice and warm:

and then parachute them into northern Spitsbergen. I’m sure that the money raised from selling the TV coverage rights would be enough to rent a Hercules and buy some 2nd hand parachutes.

Result- fewer criminals in the UK, and happy well fed polar bears in Norway.

wrecker
    Free Member

After a successful campaign by greggs the bakers in clapham; the RLC will not be mobilised.

Northwind

So eh… Just purely out of nonpartisan curiosity, does anyone know if the police spending cuts have already led to Met job losses and less resources on the street?

MrSalmon
    Free Member

so we can see the rats that are destroying the beautiful city washed back down the streets!!!!

Are you still angry with robbing bankers?

Credit where credit’s due. Sure bankers have a lot to answer for, but people looting and burning because they can get away with it isn’t one of them.

MSP

Credit where credit’s due. Sure bankers have a lot to answer for, but people looting and burning because they can get away with it isn’t one of them.

Well when morality is seen not to affect the lives of the richest members of society, why is it expected to be enforced on the poorest.

MSP

ps I heard a rumour that the sealed knot have been practising a re-enactment of the Battle of Orgreave!

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Well when morality is seen not to affect the lives of the richest members of society, why is it expected to be enforced on the poorest.

It should be enforced on everybody, but the fact that it hasn’t been doesn’t mean everybody should get away with it. What the bankers have done doesn’t shed any better light on this than some MPs fiddling their expenses does on burglars.

MSP

What the bankers have done doesn’t shed any better light on this than some MPs fiddling their expenses does on burglars.

Well the bankers gambled and lost, but they didn’t lose they were rescued by everyone else and then carried on as before paying themselves big bonuses and taking out of the system.
    The MP’s fiddled their expenses, it is theft, a couple got made into scapegoats, and somehow the story got turned around that the thieving bastards aren’t payed enough in much of the media.

When someone who has next to **** all sees that, what lessons in morality do you think they learn?

Harry_the_Spider

Four Apache gunships just flew over Oldham.

maccruiskeen

ps I heard a rumour that the sealed knot have been practising a re-enactment of the Battle of Orgreave!

Bin done already by Art Angel. Mr dwarf was there too I believe. That makes him first reserve.

hora
    Free Member

at the Holy Grail reference 😆

MrSalmon
    Free Member

The MP’s fiddled their expenses, it is theft, a couple got made into scapegoats, and somehow the story got turned around that the thieving bastards aren’t payed enough in much of the media.

Did it? That spin had honestly passed me by.

When someone who has next to **** all sees that, what lessons in morality do you think they learn?

I don’t think you abdicate responsibility for your own moral compass because other people have done the same or worse than you.

Like I said, the bankers have a lot to answer for and you could certainly make a good argument that their ilk have contributed to the conditions in Tottenham that make it fertiel ground for this sort of thing.

But it’s not the bankers burning and looting. Saying “Well, they did it and got away with it” is not an excuse in my book.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

It’s not the bankers, it’s the rich people.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424

They sure showed them.

OK, this is a sample size of 2 so it doesn’t mean anything. Pretty depressing though.

unklehomered
    Free Member

yeah, those loaded rich people who own newsagents and offies on corners in hackney. Those decadent loaded bourgeois… I give up… stupid stupid little infants.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

To answer the thread title, apparently not, no. I just head that on the radio.

davetrave
    Free Member

Four Apache gunships just flew over Oldham.

On my first op tour 10 years ago I had body armour, helmet and riot gear and was facing down rioters in NI. When I came home for R&R I was told to take the helmet and body armour with me – as we circled Oldham to land I soon worked out why. The drive back to Werneth was more “interesting” than patrolling the streets and fields of South Armagh…

Not long after my folks sold up what was left of their business and moved to Ambleside – winner!

PS No we’ve not been told to dig out the Robocop gear yet, it’s been a while since I did any public order training anyway…

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Will cobra unleash the army to the streets??’ is closed to new replies.