Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Will buying an iPad make me happy?
  • vorlich
    Free Member

Well? Will it? A simple yes or no will suffice.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I got one given as a gift last Friday and have to say it is pretty good especially the quality of the display.

Whether I would fork out for one is a different matter .

khani
    Free Member

Yes.. 😀

GrahamS

No.

Only confronting your place in the universe and finding inner peace will make you happy.

However an iPad is very nice.

jam-bo

getting one free – worked for me.
    paying for one – depends.

Free Member

NO.

I’m going to get rid of mine because it’s too easy to browse the web in bed (not those sites!) and not get enough sleep!!

Drac

Yes

I’m going to keep mine because it’s too easy to browse the web in bed (oh yes those sites!) and I fall asleep knackered.

Free Member

HA!

rewski
    Free Member

I’ve got to admit I ummed and ahhed for over a year, I was a fool, it’s an awesome device, everyone in the family loves it, I try not to take it to bed though.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

you know it will, you wouldn’t be asking for our approval otherwise 😆

organic355
    Free Member

yes but dropping it on the garage floor like I did will make you very sad 🙁

MartynS

yes

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You’ll be able to tell everyone you have an ipad. If that makes you happy, then yes it will make you happy.

🙂

CountZero

Just being able to load photos onto it, then hand it to someone and let them scroll through the pics, zoom in and out, etc, is a joy to do, compared to phaffing around with a laptop. Maps are so easy to read on it, as are ebooks, and if you use iTunes, Remote is a very useful app for controlling it without needing a screen on.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yes.
    1st thing I did when discharged from hospital as I knew I wasn’t gonna be doing much.. 🙂

landcruiser
    Free Member

Yes ! I have even banned the family from touching it.

jam-bo

You’ll be able to tell everyone you have an ipad. If that makes you happy, then yes it will make you happy.

As happy as telling everyone you went for an inferior alternative just to be different?

😀

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Yes. Especially if you have a Spotify subscription and an AirPort Express plugged into a decent amp and speakers.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

No idea but will it make me happy

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Only confronting your place in the universe and finding inner peace will make you happy.

Isn’t there an app for that?

onandon
    Free Member

YES 🙂

vorlich
    Free Member

Here’s the thing. I already have a laptop, as does the missus. We have no kids to play with it. The main reason I would like one is to be a controller for my Sonos. But I already have a phone or the laptop that can do this. It might be good coupled with an Apple TV or other streaming device as a media controller. I used to have Spotify, but canned it as I was sick of their iOS instability and flaky service.

I have a Kindle already so am unlikely to use the eBooks app.

I do dabble in a bit of photography so it might be useful ‘in the field’, possibly, maybe not.
    Are there any decent iOS bittorrent clients available in the App Store?

It would be better for taking to bed admittedly, the laptop is a bit cumbersome.

So what do you use yours for? What’s the ‘killer feature’?

instanthit
    Free Member

Yes. Had it as a birthday present after lots of pleading, now my wife uses it more than me, so i can at least watch the Tour in peace and quiet. Win win.

GrahamS

What’s the ‘killer feature’?

The ergonomics really, as you suggested yourself. Just being able to use it while reclining on the couch. Holding it it one hand like a book or magazine. Feels considerably better than hunching over a laptop to me.

I have a Kindle already so am unlikely to use the eBooks app.

Screen is waaaaay higher resolution than a Kindle. And it is colour.

You’ll probably still prefer the Kindle for novels etc, but it’s great if you’re reading magazines (e.g. Singletrack), daily newspapers or books with pictures (guide books etc).

andrewni
    Free Member

when iPods/mp3 players first appeared I refused to follow the herd and bought a creative labs something or other. A while later I bough the iPod I should have got.
    More recently I bought a Samsung galaxy tab (the 7″ one) and now I realise I actually want/need an iPad

z1ppy

Maybe, but you’d have to drag mine off my bloody corpse before I’d be seperated from it, then you’d have to fight your way past the missus.

Great tools, don’t be taken in my the Apple fanboi-ism, or the apple-haters, there just ace.

summitchilterns
    Free Member

Yes is the simple answer! 😀

hugor
    Free Member

My girlfriend hates mine.
    She says its the last thing I look at and touch before I go to sleep, and the first thing when I wake up.
    She is unhappy at having being replaced by an ipad.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Not sure but some .sun WOULD prob make you happy

singlecrack
    Free Member

Not sure but some .sun WOULD prob make you happy

singlecrack
    Free Member

See that’s another problem with pads ….

Markie
    Free Member

yes, great kit.

cheers_drive

Not wishing to divert this too far off topic but I’m trying to decide whether I need a Ipad or a just a smart phone.
    At the moment I use a netbook at home and it’s great for surfing the web but little else. I also spend quite a bit of time in airports, hotel rooms, and trains which would be ideal for a Ipad. However I nearly always have my huge work 15.4″ ‘mobile workstation’ laptop with me so lugging around an Ipad as well would be overkill. So that leads me to think one of the larger screened smart phones (Samsung S3 or HTC One X) would be better, or even wait to see if the Iphone 5 is larger.
    Has anyone else made a similar choice?

logical
    Free Member

For an hour or so yes. Then the realisation that you could have improved your bike, car, wife, husband, kids, Random peoples lives for the same amount or bought a better and cheaper tablet will kick in and then it’ll be no.

bigad40
    Free Member

I love it,
    Wife loves it,
    4 year loves it.
    1 year old loves bashing it…

GrahamS

I also spend quite a bit of time in airports, hotel rooms, and trains which would be ideal for a Ipad. However I nearly always have my huge work 15.4″ ‘mobile workstation’ laptop with me so lugging around an Ipad as well would be overkill.

I do exactly that. Fly down to London fairly regularly so lots of time to kill in airports and hotels.
    I have my work laptop, but take the iPad for portable entertainment. Simple sleeve case and no charger so adds practically nothing to my luggage.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I do exactly that. Fly down to London all over the place fairly regularly so lots of time to kill in airports and hotels. I have my work laptop, but take the iPad tablet, as other brands are available, for portable entertainment. Simple sleeve case and no charger so adds practically nothing to my luggage.

Agreed.

molgrips
    Free Member

phaffing around with a laptop.

Your life is pretty well sorted if the big issue in your life is the weight of the thing you show people your photos on…

Anyway if I had one I would not be taking it travelling for work. I like to minimise the number of devices I take. A kindle is the only extra.

As for the lying in bed thing – I find it extremely comfortable to slouch on the sofa with my laptop on my lap – never felt the need for an iPad then.

When I do personal travel, I have a Vaio P series for light weight use. Does some things better than an iPad (it runs Office and eclipse for instance) but some things worse (I daren’t even try photoshop).

Having said that a newer model P series might handle it better.

JulianA
    Free Member

It will not make you sad if you are happy already, but it won’t make you happy per se.

I would ditch my laptop in favour of our iPad if I could…

fervouredimage
    Free Member

My girlfriend hates mine.
    She says its the last thing I look at and touch before I go to sleep, and the first thing when I wake up.
    She is unhappy at having being replaced by an ipad.

I’m surprised you’re not unhappy at what you have become.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Will buying an iPad make me happy?’ is closed to new replies.