Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Will an interior door fit in an S-Max?
  • andysredmini
    Free Member

I need to fetch a door tonight and i’m wondering if it will fit in my S-max. Its a standard interior door that measures 762 x 1960.

Anyone done it?
    I can tie the boot down if needs be and i only have a couple of miles to drive.

Cheers

Andy

johndoh
    Free Member

Why not measure the car interior to check?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Yes

Will probably lie flat but will deffo fit if you stand it on edge and sit it diagonally from front left to back right (or vice versa)

trailwagger
    Free Member

Dont know, why dont you measure it?

andysredmini
    Free Member

I’m not anywhere near the car at the moment and wont be until i have to pick the door up.

Lucas
    Free Member

Yes – I took an internal door to the tip last month in the back of an SMAX. All seats down and I might have pushed the passenger seat forwards a bit but it was easy to get in.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Thanks very much. I was hoping it would with the passenger seat all the way forward and tipped forward as far as possible.

bigyinn
    Free Member

We’ve got a Mk2 scenic, so similar (if not smaller) than an SMax. Rear seats folded down with the front passenger seat back folded flat, should go in without any hassle.

ransos
    Free Member

I got one in a c-max, so you’ll be fine.

Pieface

Got one in a Golf hatchback.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Its quite often easier in a hatchback though as the seats sometimes tip forward (3dr) whereas the seats in the s-max don’t.

I miss my 3-series with the roof rack.

The main reason i’m asking is that I have to collect some oak flooring at the same time and didn’t fancy having that sliding around in the boot if I had to have the door hanging out the back with the boot tied down.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Could you not just adjust the back of the front passenger seat all the way forwards or recline it flat?

ads678

I miss my 3-series with the roof rack

You can fit roof bars to an Smax you know. I use a roof box on mine.

Never had a door in it though so can’t comment on that.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Will an interior door fit in an S-Max?’ is closed to new replies.