Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Will a roadrat take a front mech?
  • geoffj

Does it have the cable stops etc.
    Oh and how much of a faff is changing the rear wheel?
    TIA

Mowgli
    Free Member

Yes it will. Check the Cotic site for the diameter, I can’t remember. It’s a bottom pull, you’ll need to glue a guide onto the BB. The downtube has cable stops.

Rear wheel change is a slight faff. It’s a massive faff if you have mudguards though.

snakebite
    Free Member

my mudguards are fine on the rat, just set slightly back, wheel pops out easy enough 😆

Mowgli
    Free Member

Yeah true dat. I had mine quite tight fitting and it was a right pain in the rear, part of the reason I sold it. Other than that, and the difficulty fitting a rack + rear disc brake (can easily be bodged though) it’s a great bike.

cy

Cable guides don’t need gluing, the frame is supplied with push fit guides to suit these days. It’s a bottom pull 28.6mm. Changing the rear wheel without mudguards on isn’t that tricky if you do it a few times in succession just to get things in the right order. Sure, it’s not as simple as a vertical dropout, but it’s way more versatile so the compromise is in assembly, not what you can do with it.

Clink

difficulty fitting a rack + rear disc brake

Never a problem here. Disc specific cheap rack from wiggle and BB7s work brilliantly!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Will a roadrat take a front mech?’ is closed to new replies.