Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wild garlic and wild snake!
  • MoreCashThanDash

Should be a recipe for that somewhere!

Took the kids for a gentle stroll along the Cromford Canal down to Whatstandwell this morning.

Was a beautiful day, bluebells just fading in the woods on the opposite bank, wild garlic really beginning to kick in on the towpath side.

And the biggest adder I have ever seen sunning itself on a pile of reeds overhanging the canal – either that or it was sizing up the duckling that was paddling around nearby.

Very envious of all those out on bikes this morning, even those who think letting their noisy hubs announce their presence behind walkers is better than saying “Excuse me…” or “Good morning…”

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Wild? I would have been livid if you and your man cubs had disturbed me.

MoreCashThanDash

I’ll set them up….. 😉

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Is it a “whoop” of cyclists?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Sadly I think we share the Gorillas’ collective.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Bikes & Snakes, first one wakes it, second one pisses it off, 3rd one….

I see more on the bike than I do on foot (I also live somewhere with a lot more snakes)

ononeorange

Humph. I have only ever seen two in all my years of biking – and one of those was in Australia.

Xylene
    Free Member

Nature stuff that

Just had one of these, darker and larger walk across our living room wall, then disappear into the bedroom.

I hate them. Freaky things, last time I had one in the house it attacked me, or I scared it by screaming and it fell off the wall, one of the two.

This one I know from the other night watching it leap about 2m from wall to wall outside when I disturbed it. Must have felt it was ok to come in.

legend
    Free Member

Think I might’ve accidentally run over a Slow Worm at Comrie yesterday. It was crossing the black descent, I was on a STRRAAVVAAA run, you can guess the rest 🙁

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wild garlic and wild snake!’ is closed to new replies.