Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Wild camping – what food to take
  • stayhigh

The Look What We Found chili and chicken tikka mixed with some microwave rice (Aldi’s is very good) is a favourite of me and my lad when we go camping followed by custard with fruit or malt loaf or even fig rolls.

Porridge oats with milk powder and fruit pieces for breakfast or Oatso Simple stylee equivalent.

We’ve also taken some pasts bake from the day before in foil takeaway cases from home and heated them up which was very nice.

Jelly Babies for the feel good factor and a packet of mints normally goes down well too. Fruit is good o take if you can avoid getting it squished in your bags which is exactly why we dont take it 😉

wl
    Free Member

Rum and peanuts.

footflaps

I spent many nights living off Noodles and/or Pasta ‘n Sauce style things. Noodles use the least gas compared with rice or pasta, so are good if you’re going for several nights and need to think about fuel etc.

However, I was once wild camping in North Wales and the guy I was with produced I complete roast chicken (M&S) and a bottle of very nice red wine from his rucksack. Made my Noodle concoction look rather pathetic.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

I use army MREs which my mate obtains for me. They taste like sh1t but won’t kill you! Then go all Ray Mears for the rest.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Wild camping – what food to take’ is closed to new replies.