Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Wild Camping in Aviemore Valley
  • piesoup
    Free Member

I am embarking on a rather ambitious trip in July, Aldershot to Aberdeen.
    Looking to wildcamp somewhere on the route in the picture, ideally around Kingussie. Does anyone know of good wild camping spots, accessible with a road bike. All the ones I have found require fat tires or hiking boots!
    I’ll have stayed in proper campsites in England, but rather fancy a proper wild camp if there is somewhere suitable.
    Cheers[/url]Wild Camping by [/url], on Flickr[/img]

scotroutes

TBH, the Spey Valley itself isn’t particularly wild and if you’re passing Aviemore on the route from Aldershot to Aberdeen then you’re doing it wrong 🙂

PM me and I’ll pop over a couple of recommendations later today.

piesoup
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member

TBH, the Spey Valley itself isn’t particularly wild and if you’re passing Aviemore on the route from Aldershot to Aberdeen then you’re doing it wrong
    My folks live in Glasgow so I thought I’d pop in to see them too 😀

Thanks, I will PM ya. I was going to go from Pitlochry, over Glenshee towards Ballater (more family there), but fancied a longer route to enjoy the Cairngorms for a while longer.

niall1975
    Free Member

If you turn off at Kingussie and come in the backroad via Insh there are loads of little wooded areas to camp in. No one will bother you if you are on your own and not trashing the place.

Niall

piesoup
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll add that to the route and have a look. I think I’ll be to knackered to trash the place!

richardthird

You’ll be going via Brig o’Broon and the Lecht then? Pretty wild up there, pray that the wind is behind you!

piesoup
    Free Member

Yup, that’s it! I’ll be praying the wind is behind me the whole way!

ianbradbury

I’ve been to Drakes bothy (between Feshie and Rothiemurchus) with a steel road bike and panniers, but it was at least interesting. Doable though, with care.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Wild Camping in Aviemore Valley’ is closed to new replies.