Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Wild Boar 24
  • MrFC
    Free Member

Someone told me today that this year’s event at Whinlatter has been cancelled due to lack of interest! Can anyone confirm this? There is no indication on the website about cancellation.

Harry_the_Spider

There has been chatter all week on various forums with nothing official. You would expect some sort of press release on way or the other wouldn’t you?

I hope it hasn’t gone bump but they need to do something about their PR.

boxelder

Emails from sportident (timing/results) confirmed that it is OFF, apparently.
    Still open for entry though??

underthesun
    Free Member

Any idea when we get our money back??

boxelder

I’m sure they’ll be quick and fair, they’re a good team. It’s a huge effort to get events like this up and running and a real shame it’s not on. I really hope they don’t get put off trying again by negative comments and complaints.

boxelder

Copy of email:

Event Cancellation

It is with huge disappointment that we have been forced to cancel this years Wild Boar 24 mountain bike event due to lack of entries. In order for the event to run we required 150 teams of 4 or 5. We currently have less than 40.

We are cancelling the event prior to the actual closing date as our suppliers require 4 weeks notice of cancellation in order for us to avoid a financial penalty.

We would like to thank all the competitors who have entered and apologise for the obvious disappointment you will be feeling. We are also aware that you will have been investing time training for this event.

Full refunds will be issued to all entrants.

Thank you

Wild Boar 24 Organising Team
    April 2009

Well done for trying to get this up and running. All the best for future efforts, I say.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Wild Boar 24’ is closed to new replies.