Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Wiggo's attempt on tv?
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

dirtyrider
    Free Member

couple more good graphs,

aracer
    Free Member

That last graph shows what I suggested earlier. It’s all very well saying he had more left in the tank, but even when he first accelerated with ~10 minutes to go, he only did one or maybe two laps faster than Wiggo’s average – peaking at under 55, when Wiggo had put in loads of >55kph laps. It was only in the sprint in the last minute he managed to go faster than that. I really can’t see Dowsett getting anywhere near on that form, however well he paces it.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Cheers for those Dirtyrider, interesting stuff!

aracer
    Free Member

This one is more interesting – confirms my comments above about Dowsett I think

theotherjonv

Those graphs make the first half of Jens’ attempt look like the ride out to the cafe!!

dantsw13

I was told today Dowsett is complaining about Wiggins bars not being legal. Any truth?

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I read something about one of Dowsett’s team complaining, a quote from Dowsett seemed to suggest he didn’t care all that much if at all. Pretty sure Pinarello offer the service if you’ve got a big enough credit card so it’s basically the same as the BC bikes/Hansens shoes etc.

scaredypants

Would anyone care if Dowsett tried again?

[quote]Wiggo is a household name, backed by one of the biggest media machines in the world.
    Nobody outside cycling has ever heard of Dowsett, so sadly I think you’re right – nobody outside cycling would care.[/quote]
    I think, if marketed right, a young english(?)man breaking a record set by Our Lord Bradley Wiggins might well make the papers

(he won’t make it IMO)

edhornby

Pretty sure Pinarello offer the service if you’ve got a big enough credit card so it’s basically the same as the BC bikes/Hansens shoes etc.

Brads bike and Indurains bike are on display in the pinarello shop in Manchester 🙂 I’m going to ask how much for a brad copy

aracer
    Free Member

If you have to ask…

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Wiggo's attempt on tv?’ is closed to new replies.