Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Wiggo cyclocross advice
  • rubymurry
    Free Member

Advice needed: got a Dolan cyclocross and wondered whether it would be worth more as it used to be owned by Bradley Wiggins just want to check it out before I post on sale forum or should I just post as cyclocross for sale?

smiths168ATgmail.com

aracer
    Free Member

I presume you’re not claiming it’s never been crashed.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt5h-rnsF6I[/video]

rubymurry
    Free Member

Haha luv it 🙂

beej

Any proof he owned it apart from the sticker?

simondbarnes

Love that vid 🙂

matt_outandabout

That is Bob’s bike, not Bradley’s.

😉

rubymurry
    Free Member

Yes got the paperwork somewhere from Dolan

beej

It’s difficult to say, it’s only worth what someone would pay. eBay might give you more chance of a realistic price.

As it isn’t a Garmin or Sky race bike I doubt many people would pay more.

gatsby
    Free Member

That’s a nice bike, and looking at the values of other bikes with heritage, if you can prove it’s one of Brad’s bikes, it will certainly add some value. It might not be a huge anount now, but in 20-30 years time, it’ll be a real collector’s item.

And knowing that Wiggo is big mates with Terry, there’s no reason to doubt the provenance if it came from Dolan.

If it wasn’t coming up to Christmas, I’d be tempted to make you an offer!

rubymurry
    Free Member

Thanks for the advise, probably best holding onto it until early next year

TiRed

If I’m perfectly honest, given Wiggins CX prowess, I’d say it isn’t really worth a premium. Now if it said Sven Nys on it…. A clubmate bought one of his early track frames in a custom Dolan paint job. He paid a considerable premium for that, but track is Wiggin’s forte.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Guess it’d be worth a bit more if you could find a photo of Wiggins with the bike too.

natrix
    Free Member

Guess it’d be worth a bit more if you could find a photo of Wiggins with the bike too

I’ve got one of Helen Wymans cx bikes and keep meaning to ask if she has any photos of her riding it (haven’t found any on the web) but it seems a bit of a cheek. http://www.helenwyman.com/

gatsby
    Free Member

I can only see it appreciating in value – Wiggo will always be the first British TdF winner, so his stock will continue to rise as time wears on.

What if someone was now selling Greg Lemond’s mountain bike? Or Eddie Merckx’ BMX? It would be worth far more than any other 20 or 30 year old bike…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

It would be worth far more than any other 20 or 30 year old bike…

f’all + £10…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Wiggo cyclocross advice’ is closed to new replies.