Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Wiggo.
  • Smee
    Free Member

When will he make his move to try and win the Tour? Will he have a go today, tomorrow in the TT, or up Ventoux?

glenh
    Free Member

Short steep climb today – could be his bag?

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Next year.

RealMan
    Free Member

All 3 probably, although on ventoux anything could happen. Personally I'm hoping lance attacks repeatedly and contador cracks and starts crying.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i'd love wiggo to shove it to the lot of them.

we don't live in cloud cuckoo land though.

MisterT

if I was him I'd be saving legs for tommorrows TT… and blasting it round the lake.

compositepro
    Free Member

personally just waiting for the drugs announcements next week…when its finished

clubber
    Free Member
    glenp
    Free Member

Lance obviously captures the imagination of a lot of people – and makes their imagination run wild! At the risk of making myself look stupid (a risk which never normally stops me!) I'll just say again – he ain't really in the race any more!

Wiggins will defend and then do his very best to get a respectable time in the TT. He may or may not make time on Contador, but will certainly hope hurt to him. When they get to Ventoux, who knows – maybe Contador will have over-extended himself in the TT? Oh wait – now its my imagination going wild!

mrmo
    Free Member

don't forget Contador has cracked in a stage race before, it isn't over yet, but the race is for Contador to lose, not for others to win IMO.

Handsomedog
    Free Member

I agree with mrmo – its in Contadors hands.

As for Wiggo and doping I don't think it should be a surprise that a triple olympic gold medalling winning rider can excel at a slightly different discipline of his own sport. He has clearly changed his training regime and reckons to have lost 8 kilos.

and glenp – Armstrong is still 2nd. I agree that he will probably support Contador rather than attacking him (as he appears to be doing now) but I felt watching the stage up to Verbier, and the stage yesterday, that he was probably testing himself to see how felt. Yesterday he clearly showed that he was strong enough to attack back after initially being dropped.

glenp
    Free Member

He did impress yesterday, for sure. But to Verbier he looked shattered. Kloden looks stronger than Armstrong to me. I still think the TT and Ventoux will do for him and he'll slip back a touch. Massively impressive all the same – I honestly didn't think he'd complete even the Giro, so that showed me!

glenp
    Free Member

Jeez that Armstrong fellow is a gutsy mo-fo! I take (some of) it ack.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Wiggo.’ is closed to new replies.