Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Wiggle event, Chichester – Sunday 27th
  • Taff
    Free Member

Is anyone from here going this weekend? Hoping to be allowed out for a mooch about. Course was marked up last night when I was out and about and seems ok, really fast given all the dry weather we've had

singletrackmind

Might ride it tomorrow if its all waymarked already. See what happens tomorow, group ride Sunday .

Taff
    Free Member

Anyone who pre-entered received the results by email yet? No sign on the web site.

wwaswas

link to excel sheet

was a pretty steady route – 44 miles, 5900ft of climbing lots of sun;

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/38452956

You can download it from there for your gps I think.

really enjoyed it but was glad I started early – was getting pretty warm riding on the chalk towards the end.

Taff
    Free Member

only did the 25 miler as not been on the bike for a while. Quite chuffed with having the fastest time in standard… even though it's not a race

Thanks Wwaswas

wwaswas

well done, if I'd stopped a bit less and ridden a bit harder I might have managed a gold but I rarely ride more than 2 hours so didn't want to push too hard and blow up.

I did the Dorking one on singlespeed but think I'd have suffered out there if I'd tried it yesterday.

Hope they put it on again next year – they didn't do great for entries, I thought, but it was well organised.

Taff
    Free Member

The netries were lacking this time because of the football apparently. I spoke to the Wiggle guy when I finished and next year they are putting on an additional 5 events.

Were you wearing a STW jersey by any chance and stopped on a fork in the tracks at one point?

wwaswas

no sorry, I was 3/4 length black baggies and a *very* pink On-One 456 with Pace RC41's. started at about 7:45.

singletrackmind

I did the 44 miler. Chuffed with my time of 4hr 25in, 9.7mph average.
    Helped by knowing most of the trails and being dragged along for about an hour by a quick, but timid rider on a LaPierre. I could leave him on the decents but he was strong on the ups.
    Not in a STW jersey either, but a brown Kona Bikes one, with green sides.
    Was bloomin hot after about 0830, and hideous in the open feilds. I went for a good swim in the sea after and actually don't feel that bad today.

Good event , I carried far too many supplies , totally unecessary as the water / feed stops were very well stocked.

Rob

singletrackmind

And more importantly, what about the very , very pretty blonde girl at the second feed station.
    Coorrr Blimey.
    Ding and indeed Dong

Taff
    Free Member

What I missed a fit blonde… Gutted. Bloke at first feed station was nothing to shout about! 🙄

I may have seen you actually, can't really remember now. Went through the field about 10ish and the temp gauge on my speedo was saying 27 – it didn't help with motivation!! Quite like the kingley vale area, if I don't do Are you Tough Enough next weekend I may do some more riding in thy area

Taff
    Free Member

You guys found any pics yet? Saw a professional photographer but no knowledge of his website

wwaswas

photos

video

hth

[Edit] I saw one bloke with an articifical leg on the day but the video has a bloke with one arm in it. Well done to both of them – those long downland climbs and fast descents must be pretty tricky, I'd guess.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle event, Chichester – Sunday 27th’ is closed to new replies.