Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Wiggle Enduro 6 roll call
  • So, who else is doing it then ?

I’m not so keen on this parc ferme idea.
    I usually ride super solo and will find someone else’s pit crew and ask them to keep an eye on my box of food and inner tubes.
    Valuable stuff like spare wheels or spare bike stays locked away until or unless it’s needed.

I can’t see the organisers guaranteeing the security of the parc ferme, so that leaves three options;
    1. Take a chance on leaving hundred of pounds worth of wheels or thousands of pounds worth of bike unattended while I’m out racing.
    2. Hope I don’t get a major problem. If I do, retire.
    3. Hope I don’t get a major problem. If I do, sneak off to the car park to fix it.

Anyway, this is going to be my first attempt at racing on a singlespeed, apart from HONC, and there’s not even a singlespeed class.
    So, if you see a big fat beardy bloke on a Kona 29er wearing Vegan Cyclists kit, say hello.

MartinGT
    Free Member

I shall be there and I know the organiser, he is cushy dont worry 🙂

project
    Free Member

Ill probably be there, with camera and no bike.

HAVE A GOOD RIDE.

weeble
    Free Member

I’ll be there, never had problems with my kit being messed with, but might just booby trap it now you’ve mentioned it.

DaveRambo

I’m doing it in a pair as a chap I know had all his usual riding mates wimp out for one reason or another.

First time for me at this event and looking forward to it.
    Shall probably ride my Ti Van Nic Tuareg and have the Yeti as a spare 🙂

Just off to make flapjacks

tazzymtb

MTG – you won’t be the only big wheely one gear idiot doing it. I know of at least 1 other from here and if I can get clearance from family illness hassles I’ll be there with trickydisco both on singlespeeds.

Oh and Tricky will have raced at the rolapaluza grand finals the night before as well so if we do make it you’ll easily kick our arses

’tis a bloomin dull course though 😕

tazzymtb

MTG- don’t worry about kit, there’s always folks around in the pits usually from the pairs riders as they can’t leave the Parc ferme area so it’s usually quite busy.

There will be a few ss riders about, if you see a ugly tattooed bloke blubbng like a small girl after about 5 hours and wishing he hadn’t sold his gearies that’ll be me 😆

gee
    Free Member

See you all there 🙂

Mixed pairs this year.

GB

tazzymtb

give me a push up the hills as you pass me 😉

mtb_matt
    Free Member

I’ll be riding on my Boardman cheapo Halford’s bike 😉

iDave
    Free Member

I will have my parc ferme on my back

crazy-legs

Never had any problems with security. No one can get into Parc Ferme except for the people racing, the only way in or out is from the course by bike.

Not going this year – shame cos Catton is always really nice this time of year with the bluebells all out.

soops
    Free Member

It is my first time doing it. Riding in a pair. Looking forward to it.
    I will be the bloke puffing on my soda!
    My mate will be puffing more on his soul.
    Hopefully might bump into some of you and be able to put some face’s to names on here.
    8)

project
    Free Member

Doesnt look as if i will be there , due to cost of fuel etc, so no piccies.

jumping_flea
    Free Member

I’m there tommorrow – as a pair team.
    Rode from Burton to Catton today. Registered and had a go round the course – it was nice, dusty and fast.

Say hello if you see a tall bloke in a lloyds cycles top on a Red genesis.

Daniel
    Free Member

I shall be there. Pairs cat 🙂

Oggles
    Free Member

heckling

I’ll be making some noise. And taking some piccies 🙂

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’ll be there. Not bothered about my bike being nicked from the parc ferme cos I’ll be er….riding it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle Enduro 6 roll call’ is closed to new replies.