• This topic has 43 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Wiggle deliveries via CollectPlus suspended.
  • wwaswas

According to their Twitter feed.

They are contacting affected customers but sounds like it’s not worth staying in today.

‘trusted delivery partner’ proves untrustworthy…

oliverracing

yeah, I had a collect plus item take 11 days to arrive last week, it showed up on their system as in transit but just sat in their depot for ages. I contacted them and was told it was unfortunate but nothing they could do! It wasn’t from wiggle though.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Hmmm I’ve always used Collect + from Wiggle and not had any issues.

BoardinBob

Use collect+ almost exclusively for sending stuff and never had a problem

wwaswas

relevant tweets;

1/2 Unfortunately our trusted delivery partner @CollectPlus is having problems with their network,.

2/2 as a result the delivery service has been suspended and we are contacting any affected customers. thanks for understanding.

from @collectplus on twitter;

We’re working hard to get your parcels to you as quickly as possible but we are experiencing some delays. Apologies for the inconvenience

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Looks like usual issues this time of year.

Jamie
    Free Member

I sent something back to Wiggle via C+ yesterday. Does this mean it’s now been shot into the sun?

flicker
    Free Member

Jamie – Freeloader!

I sent something back to Wiggle via C+ yesterday. Does this mean it’s now been shot into the sun?

If it has then it’s keeping my parcel company 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

Hey, Buddy! Turn that frown upside down! They’ll be parcel buddies, orbiting the earth, and having adventures.

willard

Looks like my refund for the wrongly booked in bib tights will take until next year then.

flicker
    Free Member

They can wave at George Clooney as they pass by 🙂

Edit: the orbital parcels, not your bib tights Willard. although they’re welcome to join in, they might look ok with my shorts, Jamie you wouldn’t happen to have a top in your parcel would you?

rocketman
    Free Member

Wiggle have been unusually communicative this week. They even emailed me to apologise for Royal Mail’s tardiness they were only a day late lol

By the same token a Collect+ return to CRC is making positively glacial progress towards Ballyclare

geoffj

Wiggle have been unusually communicative this week. They even emailed me to apologise for Royal Mail’s tardiness

What? All of it? 😯

daver27
    Free Member

you sound surprised that a courier network is overloaded in the run up to christmas….

GeForceJunky

Now if only Amazon would suspend deliveries using Amazon Logistic(al-nightmare)s I’d be a happy bunny 🙁

geoffj

you sound surprised that a courier network is overloaded in the run up to christmas….

I know, such random unexpected events can really bugger things up.

wwaswas

there’s a big difference between;

“We’re suffering a few delays”

and

“We’ve decided to knock it on the head as there’s no hope of stuff getting delivered”

Jamie
    Free Member

Just to double check, are Wiggle not sending out stuff via C+, or accepting returns via?

As I everything I have ever got from Wiggle, has been via RM.

Jamie you wouldn’t happen to have a top in your parcel would you?

Ladies, and gentlemen, we have an outfit!

daver27
    Free Member

my other half uses Yodel (i know, i know, i did tell her not to) and they have a backlog of at least a week round our way with no sign of movement.
    Not surprised Wiggle have knocked it on the head as promising something that literally cannot be delivered is not good.

wwaswas

CollectPlus is one of their delivery options – it’s delivered to a local shop or whatever and you pick up from there.

So it’s delivery and returns affected.

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmmm. I have an Amazon return via Collect+ as well to make, but luckily…due to magic…they refund once you have scanned the parcel at the shop.

thegreatape
    Free Member

My Collect+ return got back to them this week Jamie.

I noticed from my Collect+ delivery that Yodel are involved 🙁

MSP

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present for your viewing pleasure, the incredible, the amazing, the packstation!

These are springing up all over the place now in Germany, outside shops or just in neighborhoods, and they are brilliant. I never want to know another delivery company again, I actively avoid online retailers that don’t offer me the choice for DHL.

Jamie
    Free Member

These are springing up all over the place now, outside shops or just in neighborhoods, and they are brilliant.

I have a MyHermes Bybox one near me. It’s never worked. Barcode doesn’t scan, and no option to enter the code.

Shame, as it’s a fantastic idea.

MSP

Barcode doesn’t scan, and no option to enter the code.

Here I am registered user, I put the packstation as my delivery address, when a package is delivered I get texted a pin, so I go along to the packstation put my card in and enter the pin and get my parcel.

I can also print out a label online and send stuff from the packstation.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I’ve used the Amazon lockers a few times, really good idea IMO.

devash
    Free Member

From the Collect+ Twitter feed;

“We are continuing to experience extremely high volumes of parcels. Unfortunately this may result in delays with your parcels”

IanMunro
    Free Member

The cynic in me can’t help but think Wiggle’s new cycle centre in St Albans isn’t currently getting enough business and this is just a cunning ruse to increase footfall.

MrNice
    Free Member

my last package from wiggle was via collect+. The system claimed it was received but it couldn’t be found. When they did find it the next day it was damaged. Nothing to do with the xmas rush, just that yodel can’t be trusted to deliver.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Never understood the Collect+ option on wiggle, you have to pay for it don’t you?
    They offer free delivery via RM, which usually goes out same or next day anyway…

thegreatape
    Free Member

It’s for purchases that may lead to marital disharmony.

vinnyeh

The cynic in me can’t help but think Wiggle’s new cycle centre in St Albans isn’t currently getting enough business and this is just a cunning ruse to increase footfall.

I stumbled upon this by accident the other day, couldnt be arsed to pay much attention, but to me it looked like a (very small) concession in a Homebase store. A mechanic or two, and not much else -looked a bit like the ‘behind the till in the cycling section’ bit at a Halfords- maybe there was an online ordering point, but don’t recall seeing any stock.
    Genuinely couldn’t see any reason to go there unless you wanted a bike delivered there for assembly.

mrchrispy

i returned something to wiggle last week via collect+ and it was pretty efficient. now worried about the amazon parcel I’ve opted to send back via them…Hmmm. may change to the postoffice

verses

mrjmt – Member

Never understood the Collect+ option on wiggle, you have to pay for it don’t you?
    They offer free delivery via RM, which usually goes out same or next day anyway…
    I paid for it once when I wasn’t sure anyone would be in to sign for the parcel and I knew I wouldn’t have time to traipse off to the sorting office to collect it.

andytherocketeer

Signed up for that Packstation thing ages ago, but never used it. Partly because several places I did online orders from stated they won’t send to them (probably because it forces them to use DHL?), and partly because my nearest just happened to be the Post Office anyway.
    But now I note that Bike24 have a Packstation option when registering shipping addresses, and Packstation website claims there’s a Packstation 1 street away from the office.

LBS is a handy parcel drop/collect place too, which ironically is where my Wiggle parcels turn up 😈

Tried to use Collect+ to be timed while I was back in UK for a week. Ended up being easier to pre-order online at Argos, and call in at the nearest store.

frogstomp

Looks like Yodel are struggling to keep up too..

cp

Looks like Yodel are struggling to keep up too..

Given collect + is yodel, that’s not too surprising!

frogstomp

Doh, didn’t realise! 😳

showerman
    Free Member

i use one of the bybox everyday for work seems ok but very old. just had a week of work went to collect parcel, nice little man who drops the stuff off decided to empty my box but cannot remember what he has done with the boxes. very worrying

Jamie
    Free Member

To be fair, Yodel seem to be struggling most the year.

Looks like they have taken on more contracts, and expected their existing staff levels to cope. Looks like a karmic punch in the nuts for being greedy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Wiggle deliveries via CollectPlus suspended.’ is closed to new replies.