Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Wiggins… happy or sad today?
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Happy today apparently, hooray! I wonder how many column inches have been devoted to whether Wiggins is 🙂 or 🙁 on any given day? 🙄

Quite looking forward to seeing how much he smashes the hour by though.

Edit… just spotted that article was published 13 hours ago so his mood may well have changed.

faustus

He seems to be doing a Pendleton and slowly expunging/moaning about past successes. Both seem to hate the pressure that inevitably comes once you are a champion. Both are fantastic champions of their sport, but I find their publicly expressed neuroses increasingly tiresome. They both need to ask Hoy how to be a truly graceful and ambassadorial champ.

zippykona

More importantly what trousers is he wearing?

Buzzard
    Free Member

Faustus +1

binners

And what trainers? Adidas Samba SPD’s

mrblobby
    Free Member

Faustus, is an interesting one that. Despite all that, I still really appreciate sports people who are open with their thoughts and state of mind, even though it often gets them branded grumpy whingers.

langylad
    Free Member

You know exactly what you are going to get with Sir Chris, safe pair of hands but no excitement.
    Pendleton is bonkers and Brad just speaks his mind, both far more interesting than Hoy.

binners

Got to agree with langylad – It always makes things more interesting if you never know when someones about to randomly burst into tears, or start swearing at people

jambalaya
    Free Member

@faustus, appreciate what you are saying but the press have to spin stuff to generate readers/clicks and a bit of “character” makes life more interesting no ?

faustus

Sure, i agree that it’s good to hear things from people that are interesting and characterful, but I think Wiggo sometimes strays a bit too much into whingeing territory for my liking. He seemed to have a bit more character and humour up until 2012 successes, and he seems to have lost that a bit since then…

whitestone
    Free Member

I wouldn’t like to be in the “celebrity circus” goldfish bowl. I remember after the 2012 Olympics being at a local fell race where the Brownlee brothers were racing (one of the ones they did and still do on a regular basis) and so many people wanted their photo taken with them I just thought: “you don’t really have your own life anymore” which I found a bit depressing TBH.

DaRC_L

and so many people wanted their photo taken with them I just thought: “you don’t really have your own life anymore”

which is why, I read somewhere, Guy Martin can enjoy MTB races more than Motorbike ones

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Wiggins… happy or sad today?’ is closed to new replies.