Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Wifi signal booster
  • lowey

Any of you clever people know how to boost a standard BT routers signal ? googled it but it looks like a minefield.

All help and advise greatly appreciated.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Try the usual stuff IE make sure the aerial(s) are vertical (if they are external), not next to thick walls, as high up as possible, try a different channel, but I’m guessing you’ve already tried these things.

Might be worth buying another router and some powerline adapters and extend the signal that way?

Cougar

What RJ said.

Alternatively, stand closer to the Access Point.

peterfile
    Free Member

coincidentally, i just installed poweline adaptors a couple of days ago.

plugged them in, hooked the cable up and that was it. absolutely fantastic.

i’ve now got wifi across the whole house for phones and laptops and now direct connections for multimedia kit (Xbox, Sonos, media server, stuff down in cinema room etc). no more shoddy wireless screwing up HD streaming etc.

Poweline from Ebuyer

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Peterfile yes they are wonderful things aren’t they? I have a great wifi signal all over my house and garden thanks to these and some extra access points, and all my media jazz is wired in too.

peterfile
    Free Member

i was surprised just how well they worked RJ. i installed the software (only to check the line speeds i was getting) and I’m getting 170mbs in a 200 year old building (although i suspect the wiring is newer 😉 )

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Wifi signal booster’ is closed to new replies.